esellerpro with BigCommerce?

Poster
Dejammey
Kudos: 49
esellerpro with BigCommerce?
12 Jan 2015
has anyone used eSellerPro with BigCommerce? I was wondering how well the flow of product information between the two companies work. If you have used Esellerpros shopping cart, how has that worked for you also?
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Matthew Ogborne
Kudos: 79
Re: esellerpro with BigCommerce?
12 Jan 2015
Howdy Dejammey,

I looked at this around 2 years ago for a eSellerPro user. Also I feel that I should point out that I used to work for eSellerPro as well.

I'm assuming that much hasn't changed with BigCommerce because at the time when I tried integrating the two BigCommerce had some really funky way of handling variation products, to the point that it wasn't possible (sanely) to integrate the two for inventory creation from eSellerPro.

The only way at the time (and I'm stressing at the time as it was a while ago) was to create separate variations sets and assign the products to them, so that meant a variation set per product. Which was then an administrative nightmare to maintain, especially if you wanted swatch images.

Sales orders & stock control was pretty simple to deal with, however BigCommerce not good from an inventory creation perspective, especially if that inventory is coming from an outside source such as eSellerPro via their WebXML API.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Edited: 12/01/2015 - Typo corrected
Edited: 23/01/2015 - Removed 2 paragraphs about proprietary website software

[Last edited: 23 Jan 2015]
UnderstandingE - Sell on eBay, Amazon & Magento the Smart Way
United States United States
ScarfKing
Kudos: 333
13 Jan 2015
@Matthew Ogborne

I am currently using BigCommerce. It's an excellent platform with a couple of drawbacks, but what you say about creating options and option sets is still true. They basically double the amount of work that it should take: very backward. The only way to do it would be to create the items in BC and to migrate them into whatever Multichannel platform you're using. That's what I have done.

The other drawback with BC is very limited discounting options, but they say they are working on that.
Supplier
Matthew Ogborne
13 Jan 2015
Howdy @invworld

Ouchy so it's still the case then for variation products.

I didn't look at the discounting options, however the rest of BigCommerce looks and acted pretty good, order management was easy via the API and the same for stock control too.

Would I use it personally?

Probably not. I'd want more control (over everything)

Matt
United States United States
Dejammey
Kudos: 49
13 Jan 2015
Thank you for the reply guys. I have see now how variants will be troublesome now.

Do you ever have trouble pushing item info like attributes? We have item descriptions and Item attributes in different columns. For example if you sale books. I have one line for the description and separate lines for ISBN, Author, Binding, Size, etc. I want to make sure I can push all these separate lines from eSellerPro to BigCommerce. I also want BigCommerce to update all item info when I update it on esellerpro.

Thanks again for the help everyone,

Chad
Supplier
Matthew Ogborne
21 Jan 2015
@Dejammey

Howdy Chad,

It was the variations that stuck in my mind for BigCommerce.

I don't remember attributes/custom fields being a problem. Well after working with Magento attributes via the API and database, nothings a problem LOL

Matt

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister