Best Accounting Package & Centralized Inventory Management

Poster
Bob-eCommmerce
Kudos: 26
Best Accounting Package & Centralized Inventory Management
7 Feb 2015
Hey everyone, We have been looking at the best accounting package we can get, also the best inventory management software. We sell as Merchants (FBM) and FBA on 7 Amazon Marketplaces, plus eBay and some others.

We lack accounting big time, we want an accounting package that gives us all sort of numbers from our best performing items to the worst and tell us the health of our business, and inventory.

We also need a good management software program. Easy to use, with customer support, and one that works with all the Amazons.
United States United States
Bob-eCommmerce
Kudos: 26
Re: Best Accounting Package & Centralized Inventory Manageme
7 Feb 2015
@Bob-eCommmerce hi Andy, .. I heard you Are very knowledgable. Can I get your opinion.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
8 Feb 2015
Hi Bob, thanks for posting.

I think there are a few different approaches to this. You could go with one tool for inventory/marketplaces and one for accounting as you said, or a single solution that does everything, or a more "best of class" approach with different tools for inventory, reporting, accounts etc.

Accounting packages are not generally industry-specific so you might not find the best performance reports there. And some of the inventory/marketplace management tools are weak on reporting too. So you might want to prioritize that in your research and really dig into the quality of reporting you are going to get.

I don't give personal recommendations, but will try to give you some pointers. One solution that comes to mind is Brightpearl, because they started as an accounting software company so should be particularly strong there. (Check they support all the Amazons though, my current info here says not). Teapplix is another to look into - they've always made QuickBooks integration a headline feature.

But you should find all the mid- or high-end tools have some sort of accounting integration or at least a data export, and that might be all you need - just send minimal data to an accounting tool like Quickbooks and do your inventory/management reports elsewhere. For the broad marketplace support you need there's also established high-end tools like ChannelAdvisor and eSellerPro and newer entrants like SureDone.

There are many others too, in the directory under Multichannel Marketplace Management. Click the "Specs" tab on the detail pages to see their marketplace support.

There are some interesting point solutions for reporting and forecasting ahead such as Lokad and SkuBrain. Also some really Amazon/FBA focused inventory tools that you could perhaps use just for reporting like Teikametrics and InventoryLab. Those are under Amazon Selling / Analytics. By the way I'll be writing an article about "inventory optimization" tools soon as they are powerful but not well known (I think!)

Hope that helps!

[Last edited: 27 Oct 2016]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bedrooms Plus
Kudos: 54
12 May 2015
I can highly recommend Kashflow. It is extremely good value for money and with the latest additions to payment processors you can almost always add a pay now button to invoices. On top of that you can integrate it so that if somebody calls to pay an invoice it will bring up a screen to enter card details. It is superb and if you don't deal with customers face to face then it removes the need for a card machine. Here is a link to the home page www.kashflow.com

Will be happy to answer any questions on the service as we have been users for nearly a year now.

[Last edited by moderator: Fixed link — 18 May 2015]

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics