Ask The Expert
Closed

Poster
John W Hayes
Kudos: 238
Re: Q&A on Ecommerce Marketing: SEO, Email, Social
27 Feb 2015

SellerExpress wrote:

I was wondering if you have you any suggestions how we can adapt our marketing so it is targeted more toward enterprise level sellers? Essentially, we are looking for better ways we can get in touch with the decision makers of larger organisations.
A difficult - but not impossible task.

I believe that people buy from people they like and are inspired to buy by people they identify with.

This means a couple of things.

You need to speak the same language as your potential clients and deliver smart content that addresses their problems (a large enterprise will have very different problems to a smaller org).

You need to use case studies and testimonials that enterprise clients can identify with (they are much more likely to believe someone they consider to be a peer in their industry than a salesperson or marketer). Building these case studies can present a number of challenges - with many enterprises preferring to play their cards close to their chests.

Selling to larger enterprises has a number of challenges

There are fewer people to sell to
Everyone else is targeting them
They take a long time to make buying decisions
They can be very slow at buying bills
They can often lack agility

Smart SaaS companies will spread the risk and target enterprises of all sizes. Better to have a mix of 100 clients than 2 or 3 big ones.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
John W Hayes
Kudos: 238
27 Feb 2015

RepricerExpress wrote:

For new online sellers, are there any key differences in SEO for the products they're selling versus SEO for their business?
I think one of the biggest challenges for retailers is that fact that most retailers tend to use the same copy as everyone else on their product pages.

Smart retailers understand how to add value to their copy by adding reviews, advice and greater detail.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,619
27 Feb 2015
The Q&A is now closed!

From me and the Web Retailer community, thank you John! It's been a real education.

Replies are now closed but you can still show your appreciation by clicking the blue Like button under any posts that you found helpful.

Still have questions? For any more questions on marketing (or anything else ecommerce-related) start a new discussion in the forum. I'm sure John will answer if he can, but everyone is very welcome to participate.

If you have any feedback on this Q&A, or suggestions for the next one, please send me a PM.

Bye for now,

Andy
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics