Ekmpowershop or any other UK based platforms?

Poster
aaunderwear
Kudos: 27
Ekmpowershop or any other UK based platforms?
8 Mar 2015
Hello,

I started my business last summer after 10 years of procrastination. My business is selling unique Swimwear and Lingerie (not quit the day job yet).

Unfortunately I was conned out of £950.00 for two websites so I had to quickly get it up and running with ekmPowershop. I do love the ease in using this platform but it is limited, looked at Shopify but I feel it is too expensive due to the fees they charge for using a 3rd party merchant.

Eventually I would love to have my site built using maybe Magento, has anyone used ekmpowershop or are there any other UK based platforms out there that are any good?

My site is allaboutunderwear.com. I would love feedback on the design.

Many Thanks
Anita

[Last edited by moderator: Clarified title — 9 Mar 2015]
North wales United Kingdom
sales734
Kudos: 36
Re: Ekmpowershop or any other UK based platforms?
14 Mar 2015
@aaunderwear
Hi,

We use EKM for three years and then changed to Dialawebsite two years ago and found them great. www.dialawebsite.co.uk/ Much less money. They even design the website for you, to your design. Integrated newsletters and all. Customer service is great, by email or phone, Well worth a look.
Webcosmetics
North wales United Kingdom
sales734
Kudos: 36
14 Mar 2015
Hi

Just had a look at your site, nice clear lines, but the design I think could be improved on. You do not offer 1st Class Mail on your shipping. We find that although we offer 2nd class mail, most will opt for 1st Class to get the order quicker. We sell Makeup and Cosmetics, so same type of customers.
Webcosmetics
United Kingdom United Kingdom
aaunderwear
14 Mar 2015
@sales734

Hi,

Many Thanks for reviewing the site. Good tip about the shipping, I will take a look at the eCommerce platform you suggested. I do love my site, the idea is to keep it as clean and user friendly as possible, some of the templates on ekm are a bit clunky and as I said before they do not offer the newsletter as standard.

Eventually I will aim to have the site built with Magento.

Thanks
Anita
United Kingdom United Kingdom
aaunderwear
14 Mar 2015
@sales734

Like your site

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder