Meet, the Most Expensive Site In The World

Poster
Five Million Dollars Site
Kudos: 93
Meet, the Most Expensive Site In The World
29 Apr 2015
Here, sitting in the World Wide Web, is the wonderfull place, that will touch the heart and imagination of many!!

Tetrachromat our site and color our world with one million adverts!

1.000.000 Banners $5 a piece & FOREVER!!!

Become "immortal" advertise with us!!

[Last edited: 29 Apr 2015]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: Meet, the Most Expensive Site In The World
29 Apr 2015
Good luck with that.

Five Million Dollars Website wrote:

The idea behind The Five Million Dollars Website is simple: to try and make $5m (US) by selling 5,000,000 banners for $5 each
Some basic maths issues there.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Cascais, Portugal Portugal
29 Apr 2015

Andy wrote:

Good luck with that.

The idea behind The Five Million Dollars Website is simple: to try and make $5m (US) by selling 1,000,000 banners for $5 each
Did I write that ? There is a mistake there "selling 5,000,000 banners " - Should read selling 1,000,000 banners

[Last edited: 29 Apr 2015]
29 Apr 2015
Part of it will go to a charity institution and the rest to the launch of a new electronic related product.

Crowdfunding was not very successfull. People do not have the "vision" to support and understand a new automotive workshop related product.

This is the answer. And believe me, much more expensive & complicated than you might think to launch a site like this.

First you have to find a server that will support the longest site in the world without crashing. You have to get a team of web developers to keep it as simple as possible but still with as much content as possible. You have to take into account the amount of images and the biggest dimension possible to make the site fast to load and still responsive for other divices. A lot of work is being donne on the background,

But the question is, did you like it ?

www.fivemilliondollarsite.com/
29 Apr 2015

Andy wrote:

Good luck with that.

The idea behind The Five Million Dollars...
Thank you very much. It has been corrected
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
29 Apr 2015

Five Million Dollars Site wrote:

But the question is, did you like it ?
To be honest, not really. Although the trippy graphic in the first post makes me nostalgic for the raves I went to in the 1990s.

The original Million Dollar Homepage from 10 years ago worked because it was novel and went viral. Many people have tried to copy it since and all have failed completely, because it's not novel any more.

Even with the original page's traffic I doubt the advertisers got value for money from it. Why? Because people visiting a site with no motivation other than curiosity are unlikely to have any interest in what the advertisers are promoting.

Why would people visit your website? What value can you offer to advertisers?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
29 Apr 2015
@Andy

The VIP advertisers will be on top and will have a dedicated gallery with extra space for some text.
it has password because it is under construction but the pass is 123 and please choose the turntable link

The site has a blog with SEO related articles, it has a magazine and we are working on an app

We will separate the banners by categories on the front page audio, video, arts, technology etc.

The idea did not come up because of the million dollars site, it came up because I have a facebook page with 4K+ friends. this page is about high end audio, and everyone was amazed as to how many audio companies I could present and post on my wall that most never knew about. And we are talking about the top audiophiles in the world. They did not know many of the products even existed.

I am contacting them all one by one.

If the page has a lot of trafic, people will not go there for the banners they will go there for what ever else I can come up with. When you go to a page, any page people hardly pay any attention to the banners. The banners will help other pages get better ranking but appart from that, I am trying to come up with interesting content.

I found out that in the crowdfunding world, everyone wants money for their "secrets" how they did this or that. I am trying to get all the free information I can find about crowdfunding on the blog and SEO. Important information but free, always free, with no need to go to the process of registering and all that kind of "crap" you get from all these "experts" that apeared on the net.

A place where you do not need to share your friends from facebook and linkedin and twitter etc. A place where you can always find free good quality information.

So, I am trying to create a website that actually shows more than little squares with links. Back then it was a pound for each square this one is 5 dollars for each banner.

If you take in consideration that after the site starts you will have to spend at least 10K a month to keep it well ranked and allways with new and fresh info,... If you also take into account that a banner space on a well ranked site can cost you from 300 to 5000 a month, I think the five bucks once, is not asking for too much.

But it has been up for 2 weeks now and already has 28K followers on twitter, have not worked the facebook side of it yet, I do not like facebook. Just created a youtube movie.

Like everything in life. You can sell anything as long as you advertise it enough and to the right people.

Will see. Maybe you are right, but you could be wrong

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware