What kind of buyer scams have you been hit by?

Poster
seller252gregb
Kudos: 171
Re: What kind of buyer scams have you been hit by?
1 Jun 2015
@L. Thorne , so was there any problem not having to refund or how was it resolved?
Wielka Brytania United Kingdom
avonica
Kudos: 30
5 Jun 2015
Hello,
Good to be here. It is my first day
We all know that once posted, parcels are out of our hands. I post worldwide and have been hit far too many times by foreign postal services not entering the tracking numbers into their systems and "clever" buyers who know how to profit from such situations. Once they learn the parcel cannot be tracked, they open "Not Received" case and get both the goods and a full refund. But the worst comes with the result of an official, postal investigation when it says: "Item delivered" Makes me feel real bad, one of those things I can't get used to.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
10 Jun 2015
@L. Thorne

We have had that one before. Ours consisted of a used roll of parcel tape and some other stuff.

Any suspect returns get photographed / videoed. Ebay usually sort it out straight away when we send the evidence.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
10 Jun 2015
@avonica

We have had a few cases recently where buyers have opened 'Not Received' cases, mainly in Italy and Mexico. The items had been sent RM International Signed For and the 'tracking' showed the item had been passed to the delivery service in that country. Ebay refunded the customer and us !!
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United States United States
ScarfKing
Kudos: 333
No longer shipping to China
15 Mar 2016
We've had two orders to China: one on Amazon, one on ebay.

Both times, we sent the package and the USPS stops tracing it once it leaves the country. Both times the buyer began complaining that it didn't arrive. When we gave them the tracking number and told them they needed to track it via their local Customs and PO, they didn't reply. Rinse and repeat. One filed an A-Z claim on Amazon (who hung us out to dry) and the other has asked for a refund on Ebay, and will most likely get it.

This seems to be a common scam in China. We have cut off shipments there on all our platforms.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware