seller express - buyer beware

Poster
marquette Martin
Kudos: 51
starstardim stardim stardim star
seller express - buyer beware
9 May 2015
I am not sure who is writing these 5 star Seller Express reviews because it is not the piece of software we are using. The software is slow , unstable , has many bugs , and crashes regularly.
Is seem like we are paying seller express so we can de-bug the software.
Uploading and making price and quantity changes takes hours to change or amend. This is not much use in a competitive world when you need price and stock updates done asap.With seller express you could wait hours for these up dates as your competitors get the sales.
E bay uploading is slow and on a lot of occasions the picture is not uploaded. My suggestion is not to use it for Ebay. It is more difficult and slow than just loading directly onto ebay it self.
Customer service is slow and not very knowledgeable about the software and any future updates and improvements - "the develop team have it on there to do list".
Repricing is very slow and does not always work.
When you amend some listings very often it does not update/amend.
They should work more closely with their customers in developing the software and ironing out these issues. Up to now they are not willing to work with us,
They are getting a selling and marketing a piece of software and taking your money for a piece of software that " does not do what it says on the tin"

[Last edited: 25 May 2015]
Supplier
chris@sellerexpress.com United Kingdom
SellerExpress
Kudos: 250
Re: seller express - buyer beware
14 May 2015
I am sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the performance of SellerExpress. We would love the opportunity to respond to you in person but can't seem to match with certainty your profile information with anyone on our database Martin.

All queries, errors, bugs or otherwise are addressed by our support team in a methodical manner and so all customer feedback or complaints do find their way on to our roadmap.

We would be happy to address any issues if you could contact Support.
SellerExpress helps you manage your inventory,
sales, pricing and orders on eBay, Amazon,
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
San Francisco, Phoenix, LA United States
lisamarieblaskie
Kudos: 76
14 May 2015
@marquette Martin thank you I will stay away from this product
United Kingdom United Kingdom
marquette Martin
14 May 2015
Seller Express suggests that I am not a one of their current customers and therefore implies that I and my comments are facticious .This says it all in my view.If they had dealt with our issues I would not have had to post my comments. I can assure you that we currently pay to use seller express software so we are a customer.We are currently looking for an alternative , Linnworks, XSellco , channel adviser , channelgabber , Veeqo to mention a few
I have given Seller express many opportunities to resolve these issues and they failed to do this.
The seller express system was down this morning during our busiest time of the day. We were unable to make changes to our stock all day.We could not amend prices.
I stand by everything that I have in my email.
If seller express put as much effort into fixing the software and functionality of the system as they do in marketing and selling the system it would be more beneficial for both Seller express and the users. A good example of this was the recent feature in Tambay. This was just an advertising feature that did not give a accurate account of the software and it showed me that Tamebay is not an independent voice offering impartial advice on multi channel software solutions.
The people who are on customer service are fine , but it is the amount of times that we have to contact them that is the issue. As I said before it seems that we are paying them for us to de-bug the system.
The system is slow throughtout the program, it regularly locks up and crashes, it is slow to amend the product data , slow to amend prices and quantities , does not always update changes in the product prices and quantity fields , repricing software has failed to work and during peak trading times it gets even slower. Just before Christmas 2014 the whole system crashed.

[Last edited: 14 May 2015]
marquette Martin
15 May 2015
Friday morning 9.42am , second busiest day of the week and I tried to get into Seller Express and got "This site is currently down for maintenance. For further details about SellerExpress, please visit: www.linkedin.com/company/2504569" Why is this?
Supplier
SellerExpress
15 May 2015
@marquette Martin Hi Martin the SellerExpress application wasn't down at any time this morning, but our marketing website had a quick reboot at 9:40am which lasted 3 minutes. You can login directly to your SellerExpress account at: login.sellerexpress.com

If you need any further assistance our Support team is on hand to help. Kind regards.
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
marquette Martin
15 May 2015
Dear Chris Thank you for your email about not been able to get on to Seller Express this morning. This is amazing coincidence.You were able to reply to my comment in the email this morning but , you totally failed to answer any of my questions or address any of the issues I mentioned. This is typical of seller express customer service in my view. Sticking you head in the sand will not the problems go away.
Biz
Biz
Kudos: 18
18 May 2015
Martin
Just a quick note - if you are looking for new inventory managing software.
I am in the process of leaving Channel Grabber as their software too is full of bugs, and although their customer service team are very nice and try to be helpful, they cannot do much with the bugs in their software. This leads to us frequently overselling or listings erroring without any reason, or erroring after having worked some weeks.
To top it all, the software shows green ticks against the listings so unless you realise that you are missing sales and check the listings on the platforms you would not ever know that there is a problem.

I thought I would go to the real professionals and signed up with Channel Advisor.
However it took them 10 weeks to get us online with Ebay and on my insistence, when we launched Amazon UK at the same time their software uploaded incomplete listings which left most of my listings on Amazon suppressed due to insufficient information.

The most disturbing thing of all is the attitude of the Channel Advisor staff who did not jump into action even though I was left with practically no sales over the weekend and on Monday.
No one attended calls or emails until I wrote to the director and copied everyone on the team into it (Btw the director too was uncontactable).
Even then, the attitude was we'll help but we are too busy and have a lot of customers to attend to.
It didn't seem to make much difference to them that my business had come to a standstill!!

Please consider these issues before you jump into a marriage with either of these.
As for me I've just come into this looking to see which software has decent reviews and where I can go from here!!
marquette Martin
22 May 2015
Biz Thank you your reply and the information in your email.t is very helpful. I appreciate. It is more than Seller Express could do which says a lot in its self.
Supplier
SellerExpress
26 May 2015
@marquette Martin Hi Martin, as mentioned previously, we would be happy to help you in any way we can if you contact our support team. As we can't match your name to any customer account, it's difficult to address your concerns in any way.

Our head of support will be happy to speak with you on the telephone at any time today if you ring 028 7136 3727; alternatively, you can email support with your telephone number and we will phone you back at a time that is convenient to you.

All customer queries are addressed by our support team in a professional manner and we will continue to deliver SellerExpress to the many happy customers who trust us with their multichannel sales. We will continue to reach out to anyone who is unhappy with our service to help find solutions.

Kind regards.
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
marquette Martin
Re: seller express / repricer express - BUYERS BEWARE
17 Jul 2015
Hi I just did a trail on Seller Express repricing tool SELLER EXPRESS (SE). Once again it is very concerning about the problem we had and the lack of response for SE customer service.
The main problem was it did not reprice correctly and was making some prices 1 pence when the cost price was in Repricer Express was set at £2.50. How can something with a cost price of £2.50 sell at 1p. This is just one example of many repricing problems that occurred. Then in some cases it would not let us adjust the prices in seller express. We changed it and repricer express changed it back again to the old price were we were losing money.
We then turned the repricer express off. What happened next - it kept repricing. No matter what we did it just kept repricing at the wrong prices.
We contacted SE who were very slow to respond and can not give us any explanation as to why this happened.
Supplier
SellerExpress
Re: seller express
21 Jul 2015
Hi Martin,

As mentioned twice previously, we’re keen to help you in any way we can. However, as we can't match your name to any customer account, it's difficult to address your concerns in any way.

All customer queries are addressed by our support team in a professional manner. As part of this process, we have the reasonable expectation that our customers allow us the opportunity to address their concerns directly.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that customers are not tied into a contract and can cancel at any time. If you feel we’re unable to meet your expectations, we would advise you to cancel your subscription and seek an alternative solution.

Our head of support is happy to discuss any matters via the telephone on 028 7136 3727 or you can email support and arrange a call back, at a time convenient to yourself.

Kind regards
Rakuten and webstores.
Demo available
www.sellerexpress.com
Report review abuse

StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager