Websites for screening buyers

Poster
L. Thorne
Kudos: 33
Websites for screening buyers
18 May 2015
Hello online retailers,

I have been selling on A*azo* and e*ay for more than 5 years. Unfortunately, I have been scammed more than 5 times on both of the platforms and I am sure that you are all aware of the fact that A*azo* and e*ay do NOTHING to protect their sellers.

I have tried many different ways to deal with the bad buyers, but nothing helped me in the way I expected I even tried to use the internal rating system of e*ay, but it turned out that I cannot leave a negative feedback to a buyer, which is not fair. However, I found a number of websites that allow me to screen and review my buyers. Do you think that is a good idea in general?

The websites that I found are: eBuyersReview*ed and Fr*ud (dot) net

Thank you in advance for your answers.

[Last edited by moderator: Changed title — 18 May 2015]
L. Thorne
Marketing Department
www.ebuyersreviewed.com
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Websites for screening buyers
19 May 2015
@L. Thorne

Hi, thanks for posting. You can use WatchCount to research eBay buying activity:

www.watchcount.com/bh.php

There is also a similar discussion thread here:

www.webretailer.com/forum/4213...-spot-an-online-buyer-liar.asp
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Laptopscrewsdirect
Kudos: 84
19 May 2015
@L. Thorne

i think that would be a great idea. it would be good if someone started a website where we could add any ebay user id's from a buyer that had tried to scam or left unnecessary negative feedback, but you would have to have supporting proof to make this fair.

Another problem i have come across is buyers that claim not to have received an item and then threaten negative feedback, one buyer that did this to me had left negative feedback for 6 sellers out of just 10 sales he had made. 60% of his items went missing(this could never happen as we all know and he was clearly ripping sellers off) myself and 2 other sellers complained to ebay about him and they did nothing about it.

Items do go missing in the post as everyone is aware but it is only about 2%, i have sold 3300 items in the last 12 months using standard 1st class and standard airmail and we have had 58 items that have been lost(not received). that is just 1.76%.

it would be good if every time a buyer claimed item had not been received that it was in some way logged for sellers to see, this would stop dishonest buyers from doing this.
New York United States
L. Thorne
Kudos: 33
25 May 2015
@Laptopscrewsdirect
Hello seller,

I just want to let you know that I decided to sign up for eBuyersReview*ed and I found that you can review your buyers there in both ways positive and negative. What is more, in order for a seller to be able to review a buyer, he/she has to provide the website with a valid tracking number. I think that this website has a great potential.

Good luck,
L. Thorne
L. Thorne
Marketing Department
www.ebuyersreviewed.com
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
1 Jun 2015

L. Thorne wrote:

The websites that I found are: eBuyersReview*ed and Fr*ud (dot) net
You must have really loved eBuyersReviewed because your signature says you now work at the marketing department there.

Your website is related to trust but you are dishonest here. What does that say about your business?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister