ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Poster
Sy84
Kudos: 134
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE
23 May 2015
See all details with my review before you decide.
i started using SolidCommerce ( channelsmanager ) 5 months ago. They called me and negotiated the rates and i was fine signing one years lease which saves 50% activation fees which is super high fees that they don't really do anything to activate . Even starters can activate so it's super overprice for activation fees. Anyway i needed to use them since i was confident that i would fix dropship file with their software and signed the lease and started to get a call for 5 days and 1 hour each from " dedicated account manager " you will never hear from him after that 5 days so please consider there is no dedicated account manager at all.

Myself is computer and inventory system savvy person and that's how i was able to understand and got it work for me and anyone who is not very savvy will not be able to use this system at all. Let me explain their features one by one.

1 - Inventory management : TERRIBLE!! their multiwarehouse/vendor feature is a HUGE LIE. It's not working and has been 2 months and nobody fixed it. What's the point of using inventory management if you have to do things manual. It has been in development queue.. i know they wont fix it. Now i understand when i negotiate with them , they said they are expensive bc their customers are usually seasonal. I understand it now because i will be seasonal too.

2- Listing to marketplaces : It's working fine but many times i got errors and had problems which i needed to find a way to fix it since you are on your own please remember that you must be savvy to this systems.

3- Repricing : Its 5 out of 10. Its very simple comparing to any other repricing. Not too many option.

4- order management : not even one thing better than any other solution on the market.

5- Shipping software : i would think twice if shipping part has to be very fast. First of all they accept that their software for shipping sucks. Especially after ShipStation , using their system makes me feel like leaving ferrrari and getting on a donkey. Its not a web-based solution and you must install it to your computer. It always crushes no matter how great computer you have. it does not show you shipping zones and if the address residential or business. They have integration another shipping software and it sucks as well.

6- Customer service: MINUS 5 out of 100. First of all they make you think that they have live support which never exist. They get back to you 6-7 hours later if you are lucky person. You have dedicated account manager (!) which never replies your questions. You sent message it goes to Tier one who are there to hold you for one business day then transfer your question to Tier 2 who are the people that i can definitely know their system better than them. Then they transfer to Tier 3 which is the developers and of course they know the answer but until you get there, it takes 3-4 days. If you are high volume seller, i am not sure if you should go with them because you may lose big sales during Xmas or any other day.

7- Pricing : At least $200 . they take commission from your sales and they are sayin they have flat rates which is a big lie for high volume sellers since they are still asking your volume and want to charge more.

Over all : Its definitely not for small sellers because its very expensive. Its not for very high volume sellers ( 300+ orders per day ) because customer service sucks and your time is valuable than their. Its good computer and excel savvy person who sells between 60-200 order per day and who can also handles emergency problems without asking help to customer service. I would rate 2 stars out of 5 because of shipping solution, customer service , pricing is very unsuccessful . I would be ok with the rest.

Thank you for reading

[Last edited: 1 Aug 2015]
United States United States
AlexK
Kudos: 25
Re: Great web based software with ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE
26 May 2015
Hi Sy84,

I saw your comment below regarding your experience with our support department and wanted to reach out personally to see how I can help make things right. Please PM me your contact details so that we can touch base.

Thank you,

Alex K.
Manager, Support Department
Solid Commerce

Sy84 wrote:

Customer service: MINUS 5 out of 100. First of all they make you think that they have live support which never exist. They get back to you 6-7 hours later if you are lucky person. You have dedicated account manager (!) which never replies your questions. You sent message it goes to Tier one who are there to hold you for one business day then transfer your question to Tier 2 who are the people that i can definitely know their system better than them. Then they transfer to Tier 3 which is the developers and of course they know the answer but until you get there, it takes 3-4 days. If you are high volume seller, i am not sure if you should go with them because you may lose big sales during Xmas or any other day
Eliah
Kudos: 30
27 May 2015
@AlexK I would like to make a recommendation, I myself had tried out Solid Commerce as well and did not have a good experience with them. I ended up trying a few other solutions out there as well like Eseller pro and Tradebox which were not that great themselves. I looked into Channel Advisor as well and as you may know they are quite expensive. I have been using Linnworks for the past 6 months and so far so good. Out of everything I have tried so far they have been the most suitable for me. As I have 3 Ebay stores, an Amazon store and host my website through Magento. They actually have a bulk listing tool which sold me on their platform. I would recommend looking into them, customer service is not bad as well.
Sy84
27 May 2015
@Eliah thanks for the suggestion. i havent seen Linnworks before and their prices seems half the price i pay for SolidCommerce.
how's their bulk listing? is it user friendly ? solidcomemrce has that too and i like it. listing tool is very important for me.

i have one year contract with solidcommerce and will be moving somewhere else for sure since i wasn't able to get my simple problems solved and i am so scared about this holiday season. Any little thing is taking 4-5 days.

Hows the order management and shipping solution ? can you use barcode scanner ? does it show if its business or residential address when you ship ?

Thank you for your suggestion and will be in touch with them to see their demo before my contract ends.
Eliah
5 Jun 2015
@Sy84
The order management and shipping solution are great, I have absolutely no issues with that. They are in the process from what I hear to add ShipStation to their shipping integration which is helpful for me to take advantage of the commercial rates. You can use a barcode scanner, quite honestly I have not gotten around to using it that way yet but will be shortly. It does not show if its a business or residential. At least from what I see. What really sold me is if I had a question their employees are quite helpful and knowledgeable. I never had to wait for more than a few hours to get response to something even if it was complicated.
Sy84
5 Jun 2015
@Eliah
they accept that their shipping solution is very simple since they are focused on inventory management. i understand that but it could at least show if its business or residential address which is something very simple for them to add. i am happy for you that you like this shipping solution and you are able to do your work with simple solutions.
regarding commercial prices, you dont need ShipStation for that. SolidCommerce provides that . every application offers that option.
if your question was answered within couple hours, its good for you. as i said, almost all my question needed to be transferred to developer team which is called tier 3 and it always took at least 3 business days that my issue reached developer team.
Overall : if you are paying over 400-500 every month for this kind of application you at leats expect to have a good customer service. that's why i selected them and regret it now. i wish i went to Ecomdash. its reasonable and improving itself everyday. support was the main issue i selected solidcommerce and not happy now.

[Last edited by moderator: Typo — 13 Jun 2015]
Eliah
9 Jun 2015
@Sy84
I will have to take a look to see what Ecomdash is about. It is always good to know what else is out there. I pay 280 per month for my plan with Linnworks which is works out for me, I might be upgrading my plan as I am looking into their analytics package but it is only available on their pro package which is 580 per month.
AlexK
Kudos: 25
9 Jun 2015
@Sy84,

As stated previously, I am very interested in speaking with you regarding your concerns, but have not been given the opportunity to do so. Please send me a direct message with your contact details so that we can work together and make you a happy customer.

Thank you,

Alex K.
Manager, Support Department
Solid Commerce
Report review abuse

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister