What's Up with Sold! ?????

Poster
cowbos
Kudos: 20
What's Up with Sold! ?????
4 Aug 2006
I have been a loyal SOLD! user, started with Timbercreek in the AuctionTrakker days. What is going on??? Their "catastrophic hardward failure" has been posted forever! Can anyone give me reason to Not jump ship?

I am on this review site looking for a new program. Any recommendations that would suit a former SOLD! user? Looking for desktop management for multiple eBay IDs listing, selling and buying.

[Last edited: 4 Aug 2006]
Florida United States
blackstar
Kudos: 334
Re: What's Up with Sold! ?????
7 Aug 2006
A perfect solution, in my experience, as I used Sold! for all of 2 hours before I uninstalled it happily would be MarketBlast.
It is a great piece of software for a very reasonable price. There is occassional lags, and I would advise to only run it on a newer computer as it tends to be a wee bit of a memory hog...but it compensates with its ease of use.
United States United States
cowbos
7 Aug 2006
Thanks for the recommendation, I really do appreciate your input. I will give MarketBlast a try.

Just out of curiosity, and because I still have about 6 months paid for the license/support. Does anyone know what happened to SOLD! ??
darrelll
28 Aug 2006

cowbos wrote:

I have been a loyal SOLD! user, started with Timbercreek in the AuctionTrakker days. What is going on??? Their "catastrophic hardward failure" has been posted forever! Can anyone give me reason to Not jump ship?

I am on this review site looking for a new program. Any recommendations that would suit a former SOLD! user? Looking for desktop management for multiple eBay IDs listing, selling and buying.
I've been a longtime AT and Sold User as well. I can't even remember not having used Sold and I've been an Ebayer for 8 years.

Today I just installed Turbo Lister to list items as the Sold listing module has been nearly dead for many weeks now. Turbo Lister (TL) is such an improvement since ver 1.0 that I am going to use TL for listing now and will continue to use Sold for the Auction Management and Sniping as those functions still work.

I had used a couple program before AT/Sold and they folded and it appears Sold is shutting down. For years, I encouraged Bill to charge more or make a monthly payment plan so he would have a steady income and we would have a program that had legs.

The downfall happened shortly after he closed the forums. He did everything possible to sabotage his own success and it's really a shame as I thought it was the best program and with the user forums, it had the best support of any AM program.
airguy
Kudos: 15
29 Aug 2006
I made the mistake of signing up with Zoovy about 4 years ago and we just about lost everything. By the time the damage was done and we didn’t have time to rebuild so back to work I went after working on the internet exclusively for about 3 and a half years.

So now we are looking to get started again I started looking for software solutions, Sold! looks like they have everything that we needed, especially because of supporting OS Commerce. I’m sad I didn’t get a chance to try out their software. I’ve been checking their site everyday for that last few weeks hoping that they were coming back but if they were you would think they would post some kind of an update on their site.
darrelll
Sold! was the best, now the WORST!!!
29 Aug 2006
Yes, it used to be way better than anything else out there and it was very inexpensive. The sniping module still works pretty good, I'd guess about a 90-95% reliability rate.

Love the Sale management and email modules, makes sales followup a breeze. That still works fine, but the listing module has been getting worse and worse the last 6-8 monhs and now it is has been dead for a few weeks, with no fix in site.

I'm using Turbo Lister (FREE) and so far I like it. It will list a batch of listing 100 times faster compared to Sold. Since TL is from Ebay, I gotta believe the updates and patches have got to be made quickly.

So, I'm in limbo as I'm looking for a single solution.

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics