where do you get your products as an online retailer?

Poster
zoeyul
Kudos: 41
where do you get your products as an online retailer?
8 Jun 2015
1. From local wholesaler?
2. Local factory
3. Agency of big brand?
4. Imported from factory in another country?
5. Self-produced product?
United Kingdom United Kingdom
frank520
Kudos: 23
Re: where do you get your products as an online retailer?
9 Jun 2015
@zoeyul I source from a mix of local and overseas (mainly China) wholesalers together with some self-produced items. This way, I spread my risk of being let down from one source.
Rotterdam Netherlands
zoeyul
Kudos: 41
9 Jun 2015
@frank520
thanks for your reply, you are very smart and cautious on your sourcing!
I saw your products are Linux related, which is not simply original factory production. For my products, it is resale, I face the competition from manufacturers, because they are also doing retail online, then I transfer half to offline market. Consuming market is a big cake, no one can take all.
My products are imported from China factory, no local suppliers. My solution is to get lower cost on the import shipping and local shipping cost, small profit margin and quantitative sales. Currently I have four suppliers in china, I have cooperated shipping agent help me collect all orders in one shipment.
Tucson, Arizona United States
thewildpetunia
Kudos: 46
9 Jun 2015
@zoeyul I get my products from wherever I am, thrift stores, estate sales, yard sales and cleaning up for others after a sale. If I go to another city, state, wherever I'm always on the hunt for unique products.
Supplier
Nationwide United States
BidOnFusion
Kudos: 38
9 Jun 2015
@zoeyul:
There are liquidation auctions such as the ones our company holds every week in South Carolina, Arizona and Indiana. This gives ecommerce sellers access to a WIDE variety of liquidated merchandise - overstocked inventory, retail returns and shelf pulls - DIRECT from some of the world's largest retailers, including The Home Depot, Sam's Club, Target, Costco & more. Through live auctions like ours, you're able to access inventory previously unavailable at prices historically only offered to large scale liquidators. We're seeing pallets of goods - furniture, tools, hardware, toys, kitchenware, general merchandise - selling for up to 95% off retail. Obviously, you need to bid cautiously and have a disciplined sourcing strategy, as some of the merchandise will be broken or damaged, which is the nature of the liquidation business. But we're seeing a lot of our clients are beginning to start their own reselling business by purchasing product from our live auctions. You can watch this 1-minute video for a brief explanation of how/why we do what we do and how our marketplace can benefit resellers. Or you can check out this video from one of our bidders who is actually doing just that - purchasing product from our live auctions and using that inventory to start his own business.

I wish you the best of luck as you continue on this sourcing journey! Please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have questions. ~Julian (julianm@BidOnFusion.com)
--
Julian Martinez | Marketing Director
+1 415.543.8325 (Office)
+1 650.799.7557 (Mobile)
www.bidonfusion.com

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor