Recommendations on Freight Shipping

Poster
Nationwide United States
BidOnFusion
Kudos: 38
Recommendations on Freight Shipping
9 Jun 2015
I'm curious if anyone has tried any of these newer startups that are entering the freight shipping industry? Companies such as Shipstr, Shiphawk and Haven seem to be streamlining the cost and logistics of shipping larger configurations both domestically and internationally, but I haven't heard of any businesses using them just yet. I think that market - freight shipping - is ripe for disruption, but I'm wondering if the UPS' and Fedex's of the world are putting up some barriers to entry that may make it difficult for these newer startups to really scale. Anyone have experience with these or related startups?

I'm researching ways for our company, BidOnFusion, to ship pallets and gaylords of liquidated merchandise throughout the US and eventually worldwide, but pallet shipping is still pretty pricey right now. Without figuring out a cost-effective solution to ship pallets, our target audience is always going to be geographically limited to the surrounding areas of our warehouses. If I can find a way to lower pallet shipping costs for our out-of-state/country bidders, the target audience grows. Any insight would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
--
Julian Martinez | Marketing Director
+1 415.543.8325 (Office)
+1 650.799.7557 (Mobile)
www.bidonfusion.com
United States United States
Acopeland
Kudos: 15
Re: Recommendations on Freight Shipping
6 Nov 2015
@BidOnFusion You can use an online quote generator to find and compare rates from different international carriers. All you need to do is create a free FreightCenter.com account and use the shipping calculator. You'll have to enter a few pieces of info about the item you are shipping such as zip code, size, weight, etc. You can book shipments directly through that site, as well.

If you don't want to handle it yourself, just give them a call at 1-800-716-7608 and they can help you out.

Get a quote here: Freight Quote - FreightCenter.com

Learn about the shipping calculator: Freight Shipping, Freight Comp...Quotes, Freight Shipping Rates

[Last edited: 6 Nov 2015]

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First