If you want to run a reputable business, RUN AWAY

Poster
Stevie
Kudos: 45
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
If you want to run a reputable business, RUN AWAY
15 Jun 2015
We've been using Solid Commerce for 3 years and I've had enough! If you want a company that has any semblance of customer service, this is not it. Their "live chat" feature NEVER has had someone there to respond to a message. Their support line rarely has anyone pick up the phone. I've even experienced being the "next in line for a support representative" only to be directed to voicemail instead and leaving a voicemail MIGHT get you a call back within a week.
We use their shipping tool which on multiple occasions has simply stopped working, leaving our warehouse team manually entering shipping information. Hundreds of times an item that was sold out and at 0 inventory in solid commerce miraculously come back in stock overnight leaving us with back orders that we could not fulfill. Often times Solid Commerce would not sync with Magento/Amazon to communicate that an order had been shipped and we had to manually enter that information into the respective marketplace in order to confirm the shipment with the customer.
Their listing tools don't work very well, and by very well I mean they're basic when it comes to Amazon and Magento, and non-existent when it comes to Rakuten.
It took some time to make the conversion but we have found an inventory/order manager that works much better and costs half of what Solid Commerce was charging us. The only problem is that Solid Commerce's support is so utterly incompetent/non-existent that for days I have been trying to reach anyone that can cancel my account and have been completely unsuccessful. I'm not even sure if they have realized that none of our marketplaces are active any longer.
Solid Commerce has been frustrating to work with, and the best decision we have made was to leave them behind. I urge anyone else to do the same.
GMP
United States United States
GMP
Kudos: 15
Re: If you want to run a reputable business, RUN AWAY
16 Jun 2015
@Stevie

What tool did you move too?

[Last edited: 16 Jun 2015]
Hyde
Kudos: 23
16 Jun 2015
@Stevie -- Still looking for a tool that works. Did you find one you're happy with or are you still in the wait and see mode?
Stevie
16 Jun 2015
@GMP @Hyde I moved us to Seller Active. Not as many bells and whistles as Solid Commerce, but so far reliable and two big factors for us have been that they include desktop shipper with a rate shop feature and their customer service has been top notch so far. Already saving a ton of money on shipping costs.
bobshllr
Kudos: 35
29 Jun 2015
Does anyone know how much they charge for their services?

[Last edited: 29 Jun 2015]
bobshllr
Kudos: 35
29 Jun 2015
What's their pricing?
Setup Fee?
Monthly Fee?
Other fee?

Stevie
29 Jun 2015
@bobshllr Seller Active or Solid Commerce?
Solid Commerce takes a % of sales through their system
Seller active is pretty upfront about their pricing. www.selleractive.com/pricing.aspx

Sy84
Kudos: 134
7 Jul 2015
i am sorry to say that you are little crazy to stay 3 years with them. has been 6-7 months and im done. after holiday season , my contract will end and thats it.
How did you handle this people for 3 years? they dont have support at all.. unless they hunt more stupid people including myself, this company must go bankrupt with this service.
Stevie
8 Jul 2015
@Sy84 Fair enough. I personally dealt with them for 5 months. The company was with them for 3 years, but I took over in January. By March I was so fed up with them that I started shopping for new inventory/order management system. I spoke to a lot of sales reps and read a lot of reviews before settling on Seller Active in May. It took some time to feel Seller Active out making sure the order manager and the inventory manager worked as I wanted so Solid Commerce was still active during that time.

It did take me over a week to get someone on the phone to cancel our account. Best thing I did was send an email AND initiate a chat request (which of course asked me to leave a message) asking to cancel. I also called 8:30 PM EST to get a support rep on the phone to let him know I sent emails and want to cancel. He of course wasn't able to do it himself. I had to wait for the proper person to do that. That person is Alex K, apparently the support manager and the only person that knows how to do anything properly within the company.

When I went to cancel the owner of my company told me there was a contract and he wasn't sure if we could cancel yet, so I started searching through old emails to find a contract. Came to find out that they had asked to cancel within the first month for many of the same reasons I cancelled, but were coerced into staying by the sales rep and the promise of customer service for any issues that came around.
Meridian Idaho United States
Ink Pipeline
Kudos: 39
1 Sep 2015
I have been with Solid Commerce for about 4 months and their customer service is HORRIBLE. As of about 14 days ago they dont answer the support line anymore. Its just a message that says place a support ticket. When you place a ticket they get back to you two weeks later with less than half of the answer to your question. They tell you if you want to speak to someone, let them know in the support ticket... That never happens.

If their documentation was even half there I would figure it out myself. I am an expert at Excel and work in the IT industry so my level of understanding of these things is very high. I am looking at just setting up my own API's to do all the work from my website instead of using this junk. I cant say this strong enough. Stay away from Solid Commerce!
Report review abuse

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo