Looking for a Product Listing Manager
Closed

Poster
moshe22
Kudos: 42
Looking for a Product Listing Manager
16 Jun 2015
Hi,

We have several people on our team and are currently managing all of our product data off of one excel. I am looking to know how other people are managing their product data. There are so many different fields to have, especially because the titles/descriptions/pictures/prices can be different by channel. Any good cloud software out there that can manage product info, and is connected through API to update the marketplaces?

Do people build their own databases?

Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thank you
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
Re: Looking for a Product Listing Manager
17 Jun 2015
@moshe22

We currently use SixBit. It is not cloud based, but it serves us well for now and is very affordable. It has multi-user capabilities.
Canada Canada
moshe22
17 Jun 2015
Thank you for your reply. I do not think that solution will work for us, as it is only for Ebay and only runs on PC. Really looking for a cloud solution. Any other ideas?

thank you
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
17 Jun 2015
@moshe22

Which marketplaces do you sell on?

There are many inventory/marketplace management tools listed here: www.webretailer.com/categories/multichannel-management.asp

[Last edited: 27 Oct 2016]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
17 Jun 2015
Hi Moshe,

Can I ask what marketplaces you sell on and what your future goals are? Also if you have a web site which shopping cart is it? There isn't one solution out there for every business, but based on your needs and future goals one solution could be better compared to another.

- Carlo
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Canada Canada
moshe22
17 Jun 2015
@2nd Office

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We sell a lot on Amazon and eBay. Shopping cart platform is Shopify. We are also testing many other marketplaces (Etsy, Buy.com, Wish, 11Main, Jet.com, etc.).

Thanks
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
17 Jun 2015
Hi Moshe,

Okay thanks for the info. Three more questions. What type of products do you sell and do you require to keep track of Combo aka kit or bundled items? Do you fill your own orders, fba, or drop ship?

[Last edited: 17 Jun 2015]
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
Canada Canada
moshe22
17 Jun 2015
@2nd Office

Hi,

We sell all sorts of clothing. For shipping, we do all 3 (fill our own orders, drop ship and FBA). And we do need to track bundles.

Thank you
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
18 Jun 2015
Moshe, most of the marketplaces do not support listing managers. Many of those marketplaces have an FTP service that helps. The thing is, like Amazon, and other marketplaces, they list against a specific item for all sellers. So you are not creating new listings, only listing against marketplaces, and then updating inventory (which many services offer synchronization - we wrote our own). If you have your own products (your own brand), you can create the product listings for the individual marketplaces as a one time thing for each product. I have done this on Amazon and other marketplaces and it is fairly straight forward if a bit tedious.
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
19 Jun 2015
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the info. Since you are based in North America, I would suggest going with a US based multi-channel listing software. Based on what you told me, I would recommend the following companies, I would contact them to see a demo and you can decide which one best fits your business. There is no all in one solution, the right solution is the one that will work best around your needs and are open to customization if needed, which both solutions will offer.

In no order of priority.

- SureDone
- SolidCommerce

Good luck!

[Last edited: 19 Jun 2015]
Canada Canada
moshe22
19 Jun 2015
@2nd Office

Thank you
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
19 Jun 2015
@moshe22

You're welcome!
United States United States
donrafa63
Kudos: 22
7 Jul 2015
Save your self from lose of $$ and time
We currently moving away from Solid Commerce AND WE ARE IN THE LOOK FOR NEW PLATFORM , Solid Commerce customer services is a nightmare , tried to contact from CEO down and no body cares , do not waste your time and money

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor