amazon integration accounting software

Poster
Raptor147
Kudos: 23
amazon integration accounting software
23 Jun 2015
Long time lurker, first time poster. I currently sell on Amazon FBA and business is doing very well. So well that I have a hard time keeping up with the accounting side of it. Before I go any further I have to explain how I buy/sell. Most of the time I only buy one item from one seller at a time. I may have several of the same items from several different sellers, but at various cost. Currently, I am using GoDaddy Bookkeeping that is integrated with Amazon which has made the process a lot easier. GoDaddy Bookkeeping only tracks the sales part of the transaction. I have to manually input the cost of each item to figure profit. When I was doing 20-30 transaction a month it was not too difficult to match a particular sale with the exact item cost to figure out my profit. Now that I am doing about 100+ transactions a month it has become a process that I absolutely dread. Does anyone know of an accounting software (Quickbooks, Peachtree, Quicken, etc.) that will integrate with Amazon and automatically deduct the cost of each item in inventory under the FIFO? Keep in mind that I would have several of the same items at various cost per item. Also, I would prefer not to have an average cost per item basis.

Any help would be appreciated and I hope I was able to convey what I would like.

[Last edited: 23 Jun 2015]
United States United States
toddaryan
Kudos: 53
Re: amazon integration accounting software
30 Jun 2015
You have a couple of options:

1) If you want to use another accounting package, you can look at using Quickbooks along with Teapplix. Teapplix will automatically create sales invoices for Amazon (and eBay and others) sales and decrement your inventory. There are some challenges reconciling with the Amazon disbursement, but it is iron clad for inventory.

2) If you're only selling on Amazon, hands down the best solution is InventoryLab. It does all of the cost per item you describe and serves as the total accounting system for a large number of Amazon sellers.
Raptor147
Kudos: 23
30 Jun 2015
I looked at the Inventory Labs. OMG, I am drooling. That was exactly what I was looking for. An all in one program. Thank you so much, you just saved me a TON of headaches.
toddaryan
Kudos: 53
30 Jun 2015
@Raptor147 Excellent, I'm glad it works for you!

I'm not sure if I can post links here, but you definitely want to join the InventoryLab support group. Lots of fellow users as well as support staff, offering assistance with IL as well as general business tips and comraderie (ust search for InventoryLab if my link is removed):

www.facebook.com/groups/inventorylab/

I've been using their software since the beta, and they are very responsive to requests. As a bonus, you get their scouting app (Scoutify) for free with your subscription. They're also working on a repricer, which will save a LOT of manual steps.

Good luck, let me know if you need anything else.
Canada Canada
ebridgeconnections
Kudos: 69
16 Sep 2015
@Raptor147 - I'm not sure if you are still looking for a solution, but have you looked at the eBridge Connections integration platform for Amazon? (Disclosure: I work for eBridge Connections).

The eBridge Connections platform can connect your Amazon seller account with over 30 different accounting/ERP systems including QuickBooks, Sage 50/Peachtree, etc. and provide you with an automated, bi-directional integration of data. This can be performed over numerous touch points (such as orders, inventory, product, etc.) to streamline your business processes.

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office