Can someone suggest suitable auction program?

Poster
survivor
Kudos: 25
Can someone suggest suitable auction program?
17 Aug 2006
Hi,
I am user of AW2000. I am finding a web-based auction management solution. I lists more 1600 items/month and the items are unique.
I am trying Mpire, Channel Advisor pro. The mpire is too slow.
The pro is okay but it can not receive and reply emails through Pro. It is difficult to reply and follow up the buyer's emails. In AW2000, I can download emails from webmail and reply them with templates and keep records. Does Channel Advisor Merchant provide this function? I check it in ebay. Many ebayers use it. It is hard to reply email through ebay or webmail?
Am I suitable to use Merchant?
I find AuctionSound. It provide email function. But it seems little ebayers use it. Is it good?
Can someone give me suggestions?
Thanks for your help!!!!
United States United States
Seller1
Kudos: 385
Re: Can someone suggest suitable auction program?
18 Aug 2006
I would recommend looking at Marketworks, E Seller Pro, and possibly Channel. But, besides E Seller Pro, it's like the lesser of evils. As far as responding to mail through eBay or webmail, I would recommend keeping it all in Webmail...Outlook or through a Panel Log-in. But, for the amount of items you're selling, I bet your automated emails are sending out quite a bit of mail. Yahoo and AOL are notorious for blacklisting you. I have seen over and over again both Yahoo and AOL customers replying that they haven't received messages from our Software system or through our replies. When I contacted Yahoo they admitted that they automatically blocks emails from providers who send out mass amounts of emails. So, it's an ongoing battle. When you reply to emails make sure you are aware of who it is going to. If you see a yahoo email address, respond through eBay. Anything else I can do to help?

Skulls615@aol.com
Supplier
bhogue
Kudos: 220
27 Sep 2006
AuctionSound is a new program, thats why not too many people are using it. When I say new, I mean new to the market. The first two years or so were spent developing the program from inside an ebay store. Thats why even though it is new, it is highly regarded. email bhogue@auctionsound.com for more info.
shorty
21 Jun 2007
Hi, newby here.
I personally would only be interested in a program that I could write my listings, then just copy and paste to ebay. That way I will always have it there and delete it when I need to.

I used auctionsubmit and it was great for that. I wasn't interested in using it to actually submit an auction but more so to have the listing descriptions for future use.

does anyone have any idea if there is any site like this available.
Supplier
bhogue
21 Jun 2007
Hi Shorty,

You can go with Auctiva, which is free but web based as opposed to desktop based like Auction Submit. If you're willing to pay a little there is always EZLister.net (which has many fans but I personally don't like their system architecture) and AuctionWizard 2000. What type of business model are you using? Consignment, drop ship, on-site warehouse? If I have more info I may be able to better recommend something that will fit your needs.
shorty
22 Jun 2007
thank you for your reply,
I don't know why that I can't load Auction Submit, it says I have it on my computer but can't find it anywhere, I tried the other site you mentioned which was free but could not get past the user name page, tried every type of user name possible, no indication of error message just wouldn't go past that page.

I just sell on ebay, no store items. I am a keep it simple. I am looking for a program that i can write the descriptions and send or copy and paste to ebay. I don't want to lose any description information, that is why I liked auction submit. I wrote my descriptions and just pasted them to ebay, didn't worry about any updates, just used it for maintaining item descriptions for relisting items at a later date without having to rewrite them.

Again thank you. I have searched the internet till my eyes are crossed and my brain tired (which isn't hard to do) I am not computer smart, so that is the reason I can't figure out why I am having the problem with auctionsubmit. I have done the search" " but says it is not there, looked in add & remove, not there. ??? I' m lost
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,664
22 Jun 2007
Hi shorty, have you tried eBay's Turbo Lister? I think it should do what you want - generate listings and store them for later use.

If you want a basic tool to create HTML that you then copy and paste the code into eBay, look at Ad HTML Generators. Many of those tools are quite dated, but AlienFiles and eBaitor are up-to-date, desktop-based tools.

If you want a program that will automatically post your auctions too, look at the Ad Listers category. Good desktop-based picks there are SpoonFeeder and The Poster Toaster, in addition to Turbo Lister mentioned above.

I don't know why you have had trouble registering with Auctiva, but that is a web-based tool and I don't think that's what you want.

Regarding Auction Submit, have you tried their customer support page?

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
bhogue
22 Jun 2007
There is a posting on the Auction Submit news page informing the public that the creator/developer passed away recently after a car accident. Due to this unfortunate incident it appears Auction Submit will be unavailable for the forseable future while the company contemplates its options.
shorty
23 Jun 2007
thank you for suggestions and I will look at Turbo Lister.
Supplier
Hoboken, NJ United States
redstage networks
Kudos: 255
23 Jun 2007
I disagree with using eBay's tools. If you're doing 1600 unique listings/month, TurboLister will be horribly inadequate.

I'd recommend looking at Laris, eSellerPro, and Marketworks. CA Merchant is simply too expensive for what you get.

If you want a demonstration of Laris, please call us at 888.33.LARIS.
Redstage Internet Marketing Solutions
Internet Marketing Strategies | SEO | PPC | Social Media
www.redstagesolutions.com

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First