Ebay quantity/scarcity software

Poster
david348
Kudos: 43
Ebay quantity/scarcity software
1 Jul 2015
Hi

I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction as I am getting no-where myself.

I am an experienced Amazon seller and am trying to launch onto Ebay (UK). We are having issues with Ebays listing/selling limits and it is seriously causing issues as we want/need the ability to list titles in bulk as Ebay is so time consuming to list/manage. Yet due to the listing/selling limits in place we are unable to do this.

I am trying to find third party software that will automatically increase a quantity of a title (book) as it sells.

So far example I can have 100 copies of a title listed into the software, but only 5 copies uploaded to Ebay. When a copy sells the software would increase the number of copies on Ebay back to 5.

Can anybody point me in the right (affordable) direction?

Thank you in advance

David

[Last edited by moderator: Clarified title — 6 Jul 2015]
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
Re: Ebay listing/order software
1 Jul 2015
@david348

Try this program. It works well applications.ebay.com/selling?...pId=qtyman.QuantityManager.com
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
United Kingdom United Kingdom
david348
1 Jul 2015
Thank, though when I click the link for the app on Ebay it says I do not have permission - guess it's a .com app not UK?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
1 Jul 2015
Take a look at Scarcity Manager. It's basically the same as Quantity Manager and does exactly what you are describing. It claims compatibility with all eBay web sites.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
david348
1 Jul 2015
Thank you, am running a trial of scarcity from tonight - it looks perfect

[Last edited: 1 Jul 2015]
Andy
2 Jul 2015
Great, I hope it works out for you.

Please post a review if you get the time, it helps those following in your footsteps!
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
2 Jul 2015
@Andy

Thanks Andy for posting that, you beat me to it

@david38 Keen to know if also works well with the other eBay sites. Looking forward to your review
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co
david348
Re: Ebay quantity/scarcity software
14 Jul 2015
Well........

I don't want to do a full review as would like to give them the benefit of doubt. We have trialled this now and sadly several best selling lines were not replenished by the programme so it's not for us. I would have liked to have found out why this has occurred but it seems customer service is also scarce!

Thanks to those that tried to help

Best, David
Andy
15 Jul 2015
Sorry to hear that David. I've dropped a line to the developer to see if they can shed any light on this. They are in Australia BTW.
david348
15 Jul 2015
Thank you, yep me knows they are in OZ, sadly though,although you would expect a time delay in response to email...... currently awaiting a response from THURSAY
Supplier
Australia Australia
Waterhouse Research
Kudos: 78
15 Jul 2015
@david348 Hi David, can you please email me with the item number of the listing which is not working and will check it for you.

Best regard

Lisa
Customer Support
Scarcity Manager
david348
15 Jul 2015
Hi Lisa

I did this last Thursday as requested and received no response. Having now removed all of my listings from your software, and re-listed on Ebay I am not really willing to go through it all again. I am sure your software is great.... when all works well, as explained previously in emails to you, I wanted to work through the issue to try to fathom why listings were dropping off - sadly with no response from you I have had to look at alternative ways of doing things

Best, David
Supplier
Australia Australia
Waterhouse Research
Kudos: 78
15 Jul 2015
@david348

Hi David,

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I can only check live live listings.

I will check the server logs try to work out what happened to your email. We also have live support during office hours.

If you want to give us another try sometime, please just let me know and I will track things for you to make sure all is ok.

We are not aware of any current system outages or problems. We manage thousands of listings for our customers and have no other errors currently lodged from our customers.

Sorry again us not getting back to you.

Best regards

Lisa
Customer Support
Scarcity Manager
Australia Australia
Gabster
Kudos: 15
16 Oct 2015
I just registered with Scarcity.com
Everything worked great for the first few hours, then suddenly my 500+ listings were set to quantity 0 !
Unable to get hold of customer support.
Live chat shows on line, however no one responds, you are just asked to wait or Send Message.
Tried for a second time, and the representative left the conversation before saying anything !

I would definitely not recommend this service based on my experience so far, let alone pay for it.
Am I supposed to now revise 500+ listings manually, one by one ?

If you value your eBay business, don't let this program stuff it up.

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco