Awful, slow, buggy system - best avoided

Poster
JonGaze
Kudos: 114
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Awful, slow, buggy system - best avoided
6 Jul 2015
I signed up with ChannelGrabber in April 2013. Things may have improved.

I was given a whistle stop tour of the system - shown how to attach to 3rd party Amazon listings and told that was pretty much all that was required for any type of listing on any market place.

There was no trial period - the rationale was that it was necessary for their engineers to import my products at my expense before the system could work, therefore a trial could not possibly work. So, I committed, paid the up front monthly fees, plus data import, etc.

I found the system to be seriously buggy, unreliable and slow. My earliest stock items had many variations, and their screens for setting up variations were so difficult to use that mistakes were virtually inevitable and very hard to fix - especially if you'd uploaded / attached to Amazon listings.

I persevered for too long with it, but at the point of leaving I did raise my issues with the CEO who basically dismissed them all out of hand.

The experience with ChannelGrabber had a seriously negative effect on the business - could not sell properly and the money paid to them was a significant chunk at that point.

I’ve just re-visited Channel Grabber’s terms and conditions www.channelgrabber.com/terms-conditions.php

13. Disclaimer of Warranties ChannelGrabber LTD AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT. ChannelGrabber LTD AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR (E) THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW BY ChannelGrabber LTD AND ITS LICENSORS.

Translated:
13 a. Don’t expect ChannelGrabber to work, and certainly not quickly
b. When it does work, it’ll probably be rubbish
c. We’ll corrupt your data for you
d. We’ll corrupt other people’s data
e. best not to connect to our servers at all because you’ll probably regret it.
We just don’t care, and we’re not going to change.
Report review abuse

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office