Do not use - they will not care about your business

United Kingdom United Kingdom
Kudos: 15
stardim stardim stardim stardim star
Do not use - they will not care about your business
16 Jul 2015
I don't normally leave negative reviews, but eTail let us down in so many ways that I feel an overwhelming obligation to share. After 4 or 5 months of talks, visits, meetings and draft agreements I finally agreed to go ahead - and sent them 7,000 stock lines up to their warehouse. They suddenly forced me to pay £6,000 after just 10 days of opening our account saying that if I didn't then they'd just stop working on our account. We are an extremely busy firm doing thousands of orders per year. Imagine the potential turmoil of your chosen Fulfilment Centre just giving up the ghost, so I paid it for the better good. They then threw in the towel regardless after just 2 weeks anyway, keeping the £6,000 - and *then* asked for another £7,000 to release *my* stock back to our Borehamwood Warehousing & Offices. At that stage they'd failed to even dispatch £528 orders (leaving *us* in breach with our own customers) forced us to shut down our websites for a few days here and a few days there so they could "catch up" with the goods-in and the customer dispatches, equating to 15 days (half a month) of downtime which subsequently lead to a temporary cash flow issue, and we had to sell valuable forward-order stock off to create cash. I invested my heart and soul into them. All my energy invested into doing this. I even made 2 warehouse staff redundant in order to outsource. The directors promised me the world, to 'get my life back', but after just 2 or 3 weeks they threw in the towel. It may sound melodramatic, but I work on trust and honour, so this left me literally heartbroken - even after I told them all my fears of outsourcing and letting go of a firm I'd spent 10 years building up ( I had to go up there for 5 days to "help" and I was at the brink of a nervous breakdown. All Outdoor thankfully has bounced back, but it'll take me a lot longer to "bounce back". One thing that would help would be if they'd give me back my money. I'll take the hit on the website-downtime, but for them to keep & profit after doing such a pathetic and pitiful job is extremely dishonourable. They tell you they operate from a 40,000 square foot facility and will show you around etc, but when we signed on the dotted line, they then gave me a totally different address in Dewsbury for a tiny battered old warehouse unit (approx 5000sq ft). It was like an Only Fools and Horses moment. They had no packing benches, customer dispatch notes all over the floor, stock not located, or muddled up, they sent breakable items in simple Polylopes with no protection so the items got wrecked, misspicked items, send UK orders overseas and .... well, you get the picture. After the stock was returned etc, Amazon ran their metrics and we were suspended from Amazon Italy, Spain, Germany, and France, meaning further financial losses just as I was starting to get over what they'd done. If you want to contact me - feel free. You can email me at and I'd be happy to elaborate.
Sorry to have to leave this feedback, but to take someone's hard earned money, and not give it back is even when you can see you cannot do the work is, in my opinion, the lowest of the low.
Maybe one day they'll pay me back the money the took from me.
Russell Scheef
Owner / Managing Director
All Outdoor Ltd.

[Last edited: 8 Dec 2015]
Report review abuse

World First
Seller Dynamics