multi channel software: Amazon, Ebay, Facebook, API

Poster
JohnT
Kudos: 56
multi channel software: Amazon, Ebay, Facebook, API
31 Jul 2015
Hi folks ,
Can any one advise me on a user friendly multi channel software package.

I am going nuts looking at all the providers and reading all the good and bad reviews.

Our plan is to sell on Amazon , Ebay and Facebook EU and US (FB using Ecwid unless there is a better option like Shopify?, Already have an Ecwid account)

Have tried a trial with plenty markets but found it confusing , not user friendly and the manuals not linear, videos not complete.

Tried Shopping Cart Elite, have had two demo attempts in two days, both were interrupted by some issue and cloud is prefered anyway, its the future.

What I am really looking for is a system that we can run an API into from suppliers, does not charge you extra for stuff they just don't have and have a re pricing tool.

Or a combination of tools that others have had success with without weeks of support and or brain pain from non human systems.

help!!!

Would really appreciate some advise..

Thanks

John

[Last edited by moderator: Added more detail to title — 31 Jul 2015]
Better to do than not to do as that will get you no where.
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
Kudos: 277
Re: multi channel software: Amazon, Ebay, Facebook, API
31 Jul 2015
@john Taylor

For multi channel software i would suggest between.
Solid Commerce or SellerActive. you can try them and they wont lock you into a year contract.

When you say Shopify do you sell on your own website as well? if so it can be integrated with amazon and ebay!

as for Facebook i don't know much about that.

Feel free to message me if you need more details.
New Jersey United States
sujjal
Kudos: 171
4 Aug 2015
@john Taylor

There are tons of multiseller software and partners available in the market, but none of them provides dedicated human support. I have been selling on eBay since long and been a regular seller and gone through all the difficulties like you are going through. It is the universal truth that every seller has their own demands and wants their store unique as their selling and managing style is different.

Though you can try Solid Commerce or SellerActive as Domoing suggested.

[Last edited: 4 Aug 2015]
eCommerce Consultant
United Kingdom United Kingdom
sidhu.purelotus
Kudos: 18
4 Aug 2015
I think its a bit early to lock down with only a cloud solution partner for everything you are trying to do...
United States United States
ScarfKing
Kudos: 333
4 Aug 2015
I've evaluated 7 platforms, and we finally settled on Ecomdash. We have brand-registry on Amazon, so very few of the MCL platforms will actually list to Amazon for us, but you don't find out until you're pretty deeply into it. All the platforms have their strengths and shortcomings, and they are ALL buggy, so you have to evaluate each of them and really figure out which comes closest. For all the optimistic sales pitches on the splash page, none of them are as seamless and easy as they claim.

Having someone close to your time zone is also helpful for support.

Some of the platforms I liked were Sellbrite, for its ease of setup, pleasant interface and simple UI. Their CSV file uploading capability is extremely limited.

StitchLabs is limited, but also has easy setup and attractive interface. However, I found it was very slow to respond to commands and refresh the screen. Not a listing tool.

I went with Ecomdash because, while they share many limitations with the other platforms, they are cheaper, they integrate FBA and they have very accessible friendly customer service. Also, they have really excellent uploading and exporting capabilities from a CSV file, and that flexibility makes it really easy to edit items and work with your listings if you've got some spreadsheet skills. The UI is still rather ugly, but they are working on it. If you can live without pretty colors, it's very functional.

Good luck!

[Last edited: 4 Aug 2015]
Netherlands Netherlands
JohnT
Kudos: 56
5 Aug 2015

Domoing wrote:

@john Taylor

For multi channel software i would suggest between.
Solid Commerce or SellerActive. you can try them and they wont lock you into a year contract.

When you say Shopify do you sell on your own website as well? if so it can be integrated with amazon and ebay!

as for Facebook i don't know much about that.

Feel free to message me if you need more details.
No, I dont have any web site or own product, just sourcing suppliers and starting from scratch.

Thanks
Better to do than not to do as that will get you no where.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
5 Aug 2015
John, if you are not actively selling yet it seems a little early to be thinking about all those channels and software to support them.

Most new sellers find their biggest challenge is just making profitable sales on a single channel. When they solve that, they expand to multiple channels, add more products, look for automation software etc.

Each channel has its own challenges and you might find that the results on each are completely different from your expectations. Looking for software too early might actually restrain your thinking more than you'd want at this stage.

Apologies if I've misunderstood something!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office