Low "Items as Described" ratings for Fashion Retailers

Poster
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Low "Items as Described" ratings for Fashion Retailers
5 Aug 2015
Hello All

I am finding lot of Low "Items as Described" ratings for Fashion Retailers.
It is due to the fact not everyone fits to the size of the clothes exactly the same.

I am trying to find out if you are having similar issues and how you are handling it ?
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
Re: Low "Items as Described" ratings for Fashion Retailers
6 Aug 2015
I don't sell clothing myself but my mother does on a very part time basis and talks about all the low ratings with it, even with clear pictures and sizing. I think it has a lot to do with people dissatisfied with their own body - they don't look like they expect in the clothing, rather than anything really wrong. Too much perception and personal image with clothing.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,245
9 Aug 2015
We stopped doing clothing due to the number of SNADs.

People either do not measure themselves properly or believe that ordering something 2" smaller than their size will make them look slimmer.

They choose 'Not as described' on eBay so they don't have to pay the return postage cost rather than any other reason.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
9 Aug 2015
Well said.

It looks there isn't any good solution to lower "item as described low ratings".

Tough one !
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Mill Hill London NW7 United Kingdom
tonyh01
Kudos: 61
11 Aug 2015
It's not just fashion retailers as eBay are almost encouraging customers to select the 'not as described' option to return goods as, mentioned in the previous post, the customer can get it returned for free.

I have discussed this with eBay in a focus group that we sometimes have had excellent feedback with low DSR ratings for description and despatch time etc probably due to the fact you have to move the star rating from 1 star and if a buyer forgets it defaults to 1 star. It should be 5 or no rating unless moved.

I understand that eBay wants to improve the customer experience but although we have 99.9% feedback, every month we have to fight (on the phone for an hour or so) to get 'defects' removed to preserve our top seller status and fee discount
Bangor, Co-Down United Kingdom
roypat05
Kudos: 96
13 Aug 2015
This is always the case with clothing. However there now is a category return for 'doesn't fit' with clothing and you won't get a defect if your buyer uses it. I will vigorously defend my descriptions if I know I haven't made a mistake. Strangely I don't actually get as many of these claims as I did once, and my descriptions have not changed, so I can only assume that ebay has got wise to this scam. I would love to think that people have got more honest, but I doubt it!
United Kingdom United Kingdom
simonthepieman
Kudos: 166
18 Aug 2015
@roypat05

I have had the same problem the writing is on the wall for this way of selling on ebay.

the worst thing about it is anonymous

you will probably lose your ebay in the end, I was selling a beuty product which is the worst when you dont look like claudia schiffer.

Switch to Amazon if you can.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
simonthepieman
Kudos: 166
18 Aug 2015
@tonyh01

they want you to lose your status so they can charge you more.

99.9 means one disgruntled person per 1000 customers.

also they are try`ing to clear the path for people like Nike and so on.

they have a clear policy to remove sellers that don't fit the plan

s

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister