Looking for a Multi Channel Listing Management Tool

Poster
April.W
Kudos: 26
Looking for a Multi Channel Listing Management Tool
14 Aug 2015
Hi,
We are a small company with about 300 SKUs. We sell our products through our online store, Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, Sears, Newegg, and Overstock. We also do Google Shopping. We are looking for a multi channel listing management tool to do the listing sync for us.
I did some research. Channel Advisor has the best review, but it is way too expensive. Hope you guys can give me some suggestion about the alternatives to Channel Advisor.
Thank you very much!
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
Re: Looking for a Multi Channel Listing Management Tool
15 Aug 2015
There are plenty of reviews here that talk about multi-channel management to help you. We ended up writing our own. I'll will say that with 300 items, it will be difficult to make any solution (that works well) to be cost effective. While it is good to manage for the future, 300 is probably a small enough number of skus that manual management still works ok.
United States United States
travlink
Kudos: 24
17 Aug 2015

April.W wrote:

Hi,
We are a small company with about 300 SKUs. We sell our products through our online store, Amazon, eBay, Rakuten, Sears, Newegg, and Overstock. We also do Google Shopping. We are looking for a multi channel listing management tool to do the listing sync for us.
I did some research. Channel Advisor has the best review, but it is way too expensive. Hope you guys can give me some suggestion about the alternatives to Channel Advisor.
Thank you very much!
Hi there.. I am a bit bigger than you (probably 2x+ your number of sku's), and faced the same dilemma for quite a while. I needed something to help me in my day to day, and robust enough to help me grow quickly. There are a few reasonably priced solutions out there, and the least expensive seemed to be very limited in either their functionality or support. That said, I did end up finding one that is not only reasonably priced, works well for me now because it is pretty easy to use, and I know that their development roadmap will help me continue to grow and evolve as their capabilities increase.

I started with Monsoon / StoneEdge - total disaster. From there, I went to SolidCommerce - total disaster, and am now with Ecomdash, who I like very much. They don't promise the world like many of the other companies do, but what they do offer is access to their executive team, a generous unpaid time period to get used to the software, incredible support levels, and a solid / transparent roadmap for what they plan to incorporate moving forward - they also have pleasant / unscheduled functionality surprises from time to time. Since they are new, they (admittedly) have a ways to go, but are winning awards, and moving fast.

ecomdash is VERY reasonably priced compared to their competition, and only bill you for what you are actually doing. That said, take a look at their site and see if it works for you.. it did for me.. and if you wanted to speak about it, let me know. I am not a shill for them, nor am I going to post a link (no affiliate participation here). Chances are you will speak with Kevin Loomis, and he is the absolute best. He is an educator.. not a sales person.. who happens to help sell the software to interested parties, which I love.

Best of luck! Andrew

[Last edited: 20 Aug 2015]
April.W
Kudos: 26
17 Aug 2015
@travlink Thank you very much for the information.
But they don't do Newegg, Overstock, and Sears. And we need something can handle all of these marketplaces.
Washington United States
JamesSeller
Kudos: 24
18 Aug 2015
Consider Skubana.com - it's an all-in-one multi-channel, cloud-based inventory/order management system that is easy to install, and requires no ridiculous contracts. It's priced well below many comparable providers. It will handle all of the platforms you mentioned automatically through APIs, with exception of Overstock which it easily handles through the listing mapping tools it offers.
I really like this tool, and hope you'll consider it as part of your shopping experience.
Jax Music Supply
19 Aug 2015
@JamesSeller

Skubana is the best of the lot out there. I did a review with their founder. While it is not for us (we wrote our own), their system has a lot of features and there shipping system is especially impressive. Plus, their founder is still in the e-comm business, not just selling services. They are a bit pricey, but I think cheaper than Channel Advisor (who I despise) and have a better product.
Supplier
Charlotte, NC United States
ecomdash
Kudos: 49
19 Aug 2015
@April.W

Hi April,

Just to clarify, Ecomdash does have inventory and sales integrations for both Newegg & Sears (not Overstock as of today). However, you are right, for just the listing component, we don't yet have those ready. They are currently in progress with a planned completion date scheduled for this November 2015 - several weeks away, but close...and ready for the 2015 shopping season.

Best wishes! Did you check out SureDone? They focus on multichannel listing.
ecomdash
(704) 687-8067
Jax Music Supply
19 Aug 2015
I didn't think Overstock allowed 3rd party sellers any longer.

Ecomdash wrote:

@April.W

Hi April,

Just to clarify, ecomdash does have inventory and sales integrations for both Newegg & Sears (not Overstock as of today). However, you are right, for just the listing component, we don't yet have those ready. They are currently in progress with a planned completion date scheduled for this November 2015 - several weeks away, but close...and ready for the 2015 shopping season.

Best wishes! Did you check out SureDone? They focus on multichannel listing.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
3 Sep 2015

Jax Music Supply wrote:

I didn't think Overstock allowed 3rd party sellers any longer.
That's what I thought too (see www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y11/m07/i15/s00) but they do have a request to sell page and something similar for O.biz.

Maybe that's more an application to sell to Overstock directly as a wholesaler, can't tell for sure.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
ScarfKing
Kudos: 333
3 Sep 2015
@April.W

Hi April,

I have been down the same road as you, as I am a small company. I evaluated at least 7 platforms, including actually implementing 3 or 4 on a trial basis. You can't really realize what the limitations are until you get deeper into it.

I settled on Ecomdash for many of the reasons mentioned by Travlink: they are one of the most reasonably priced platforms out there, which is important if you are a small business. Their support is far and away above anyone else I've dealt with: they make you feel like a valued customer and deal with any issues immediately. And they are knowledgeable, polite and friendly and follow up on everything. Support is critical, as you can burn up massive amounts of hours trying to figure out things yourself because support gives you the cold shoulder. Been there.

I have not used them for listing yet, basically because although I have more items than you, I wanted to get moving quickly this season and hired a 3rd party lister to handle my listings, but I'm going to start experimenting with listing from this point forward. And I'm confident it will go well.

One of Ecomdash's strengths (if you are comfortable with Excel) is their complete flexibility with uploading and downloading data into spreadsheets. This makes it much easier to load items, adjust quantities (if you have a brick and mortar whose sales you need to include) and basically do everything. I love it. Most other platforms have some limitations in this area, but Ecomdash is very logical and easy to work with, and if you do get stuck on the terminology, they are there to cheerfully help.

All of these MCL platforms are works in progress, and I saw some really promising ones, but for where I'm at (BigCommerce, Amazon, FBA and Ebay) there is simply no better value out there than Ecomdash. And they do not promise imminent upgrades which never seem to materialize.

My suggestion is, don't sign up for a bigger platform than you need. The going rate is about $200-300/month for the larger platforms, and I don't know that they do very much more than Ecomdash does for $50-75/month. I want to emphasize that for all the flashy landing pages, these programs generally are much less seamless and easy than you wish they would be, and don't assume that a higher price means a greater capability.
(As to rude salespeople, inaccessible support and pie-in-the-sky promises of upgrades just around the corner you can set your own tolerance level.)

Hope this is helpful!

Stuart

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister