What % of your sales are international?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
What % of your sales are international?
4 Sep 2015
Let's keep it simple this time!

What proportion of your sales are to international buyers?

That could be by total value or by number of orders - you decide, but it would be interesting to let us know which it is. Give both if you like
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
tall-corn
Kudos: 108
Re: What % of your sales are international?
4 Sep 2015
International sales is one place that Ebay shines over Amazon. I would say that 5% of my sales are international, with the majority coming from Ebay. I really like that they consolidate packages here in the US, and ship in a container to the destination country, and that the import duties are all pre-paid. I once had a $400 item that was lost in shipment,, and they reimbursed me the full amount.

scott@vmtw.com
www.vmtw.com
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,226
4 Sep 2015
Based on the last three months sales:

Overall sales 60% UK, 25% ROW, 15% Europe ( based on number of sales)
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,358
6 Sep 2015
Through June it was 27.2% international vs the USA. Last year it was 33% for the year. The strengthening of the dollar relative to the Euro is the big impact.
Shanghai China
sam797
Kudos: 40
10 Sep 2015
@Andy

Almost 100% of our sales are international. Due to the corruption, they are many hidden rules selling in China domestic market. So companies like us good at international market, are awkward in domestic market. The rules are totally different. In international market, you pay more attention in product design, quality management, cut your cost & get lower prices. While for domestic market, you stay all night out with officials, you must give them kick-backs, must accompany them to Sauna, KaraOK, to get the orders. Totally different. So we are more comfortable with market competition, not that kind of relationship.
Save 30%+ with group sourcing. In Group, We save!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.tiertier.com
London New York Toronto United Kingdom
john.obrien
Kudos: 61
17 Sep 2015
Almost 95% is outside UK. Our focus tends to be where no one else has been before ! So we open up new markets both B2C and B2B and support this development and challenging customs procedures and delivery / trading options.

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware