Would you happily sell your products and price this way?

Poster
alan326
Kudos: 29
Would you happily sell your products and price this way?
8 Sep 2015
I want to sell higher volumes of each of my products in each product listing but haven’t come across a marketplace that does this particularly well so I’ve come up with a possible new idea out of where i see a bit of a gap. Please reply with a YES or NO and I’m happy to clarify a bit further if you have any questions.

If you normally sell a single product for $300 for example, but you are willing to sell 50 units for $200 in a single listing, would you sell 25 units for $250 or 10 units for $280? In other words, would you be willing to drop the per unit price in equal increments before it reaches your unit target and best price - at which time everyone that purchases would get your best price?

Look forward to your feedback,

Thanks,
Alan
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
Re: Would you happily sell your products and price this way?
8 Sep 2015
Hi Alan, thanks for posting.

That sounds like B2B group buying to me. I came across a site using the model for product sourcing for resale recently - www.tiertier.com/ - sounds just like you describe I think.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
New Jersey United States
sujjal
Kudos: 171
8 Sep 2015
HI Alan,

You can also try Alibaba.com. That is the best place for you I guess.

It gives you all the options that you are looking for.

[Last edited: 8 Sep 2015]
eCommerce Consultant
Andy
8 Sep 2015

sujjal wrote:

You can also try Alibaba.com.
I think he's talking about multiple buyers from one listing though. So you list say 5000 units for sale, then buyer #1 comes along and says they'll take 1000, buyer #2 takes 250 and so on until there are enough buyers to get to 5000+ units then they all get the volume discount for that quantity.

I don't think that feature exists on Alibaba.com?
New Jersey United States
sujjal
Kudos: 171
8 Sep 2015
@Andy

Yes, they do. You can set the minimum order quantity and amount you wish to sell. You can set the stocks and discount rates according to orders. I have been there a long time ago but I think they still allows it.
eCommerce Consultant
Australia Australia
alan326
8 Sep 2015
Correct, multiple buyers from one listing but i'm looking at a B2C model so instead of getting 2 or 3 companies to buy 1000 units, buyers would be encouraged to get all of their friends to buy only one or more each and we would get 1000 different buyers. If they only get 300, they still get it for a better price but not as low as had they reached 1000 units. The price would drop for every single unit bought.

Waht do you think?
Andy
8 Sep 2015
So a twist on deals sites like Groupon Goods?

Not something I'm an expert on, but I know someone who is. I'll ask for his input.
Australia Australia
alan326
8 Sep 2015
Pretty much.

That would be great, thanks. I'm looking to build a marketplace to sell my own goods on and that other sellers can use to sell volume and incentivise social marketting by getting buyers to share as much as possible to get better prices.

Great forum and site by the way. Thanks again.
Supplier
Manila Philippines
2nd Office
Kudos: 550
10 Sep 2015
In addition to tiertier.com which Andy suggested, there's another one similar called mass drop =) What you described is group buying which is traditionally popular in forum communities.

www.massdrop.com/faq

www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2...up-buy-bongs-amazon-executive/
eCommerce Staffing Solutions. Expand your team with us, so your current team can focus on innovation and save up to 70% off labor costs www.2ndoffice.co

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First