What are your problems with multichannel selling?

Poster
agn.lek
Kudos: 78
What are your problems with multichannel selling?
16 Sep 2015
Hi!

I know many of you sell in multiple channels - for example: Etsy, Shopify store, eBay etc. I used to do it too, so I know it comes with many problems, especially related to inventory management.

That is why me and my friends have developed a tool that is supposed to eliminate problems of multichannel selling: www.getomnisale.com/
We are now looking for beta testers which wolud like to use it for free and tell us if that kind of software is what sellers need
Maybe some of you would like to do it? You can sign up for beta in the link above.

If not, maybe you can share any comments or suggestions what would you need from inventory management system.

Here are the things I found problematic:
- manual stock updating across channels
- adding new products to all channels separately
- not having all customers in one place
- difficulties with measuring ROI of channels

These are the problems that we are solving in Omnisale. What else would you add?

Cheers,
Agnieszka
London United Kingdom
agn.lek
Re: What are your problems with multichannel selling?
17 Sep 2015
@erikathomson maybe you want to try the one I am developing? www.getomnisale.com/

It is 100% free and I would really be grateful for any feedback.
Jamaica Jamaica
cheneil
Kudos: 79
18 Sep 2015
Seems promising. I'd give it a go.
London United Kingdom
agn.lek
18 Sep 2015
@cheneilclarke Great! Im really interested in your feedback afterwards.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,697
7 Oct 2015
Quick question.

Your website says that
'Omnisale syncs your inventory across all the platforms after each sale or change in stock. We update all orders on all the channels every second. Hours of your life saved just like that.'
but I thought that Amazon limited the number of updates per hour ? How have you managed this or is it a trade secret ?
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,434
7 Oct 2015
1. It is expensive. We ended up writing our own.
2. Amazon is not real time. They post orders and update inventory AFTER you have updated the inventory, so it can be off for hot items.
3. Formats and methods of selling are not consistent across platforms.
4. "most favored nation" pricing on Amazon (US). They have to be at or below the lowest price elsewhere. Can be hard to synch pricing across channels. We wrote our own app for this too.
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
Kudos: 277
9 Oct 2015
The list of things i could write would break my fingers haha!

But most important things IMO from years or going to conventions.

1.) No contracts! monthly fee system is always preferred!
2.) integration and API capability with Quickbooks, SAP and etc
3.) easy to use import and export of information on excel sheets.
4.) Able to create good demographics on sales, and sale reports that are useful!
5.)Customer service! When someone has a problem they need to be able to reach a human quickly. Not submit a ticket or wait for a reply on a email.

6.) i know this may not apply to you but if you list for customers and manage inventory might as well have a repricer.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,697
14 Oct 2015
@agn.lek

One of the biggest problems for existing sellers already using a platform is the inability to trial a new platform.

A new platform is great for new up and coming sellers, but for existing sellers, how can we really test your product without disrupting our day to day life ?

Once again regarding your website, can I assume that 'Emma Austin' was one of the first BETA testers of your software ? I am sure that as her business profited so well from a beta test you should be able to provide more information about her business as well as how well your software works so that we can all draw our own conclusions !

[Last edited: 14 Oct 2015]
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
London United Kingdom
agn.lek
14 Oct 2015
@Bigian13

Thanks for the reply and interesting insight! What is the most disturbing thing for you in terms of joining new platforms?
With our tool, you can easily import products from the channels you already use and set up centralised inventory immediately. Are you afraid it will influence the performance of the inventory management tool you already use or what is the problem?

As for Emma - what exactly would you like to know?
As you can see, we started looking for beta-testers some time ago. We've already allowed 100 sellers to the app, Emma is one of them.

If you've signed up for our waiting list on: www.getomnisale.com/
let me know and I can accept you as a beta tester. Then, you will easily see what Emma meant

Cheers!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,925
14 Oct 2015

Bigian13 wrote:

One of the biggest problems for existing sellers already using a platform is the inability to trial a new platform.

A new platform is great for new up and coming sellers, but for existing sellers, how can we really test your product without disrupting our day to day life?
I had a discussion about exactly that with a software provider recently. They recognised how difficult it was to get sellers to move platform (or even trial a new platform, as Ian said) so they had a strategy of only targeting sellers who weren't already using multichannel software - there are a lot of them out there.

@agn.lek for sellers who already use multichannel software it sits at the core of their business and is critical for operations like updating inventory levels and processing orders.

To really test a new platform (assess it's performance, stability and overall quality - not just see what it looks like) they need to switch over some or all of their business to it for a time.

There will be a learning curve on the software, a need to somehow "pause" their existing software, and a big headache reconciling inventory and accounting later on. For many, they just can't afford the time and risk to their business.

In my experience, people only move platform if they can't bear to stay where they are e.g. it's broken and/or they've had terrible support. Many will try to plug feature gaps with additional software, or just live without that feature - so even getting people to move to a better system can be very difficult.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Jax Music Supply
14 Oct 2015
@Domoing Commerce

4.) Able to create good demographics on sales, and sale reports that are useful!

isn't this in your accounting system already?
Jax Music Supply
14 Oct 2015
@Andy

I would agree generally with your statements. Running a trial on a new platform is a nightmare if you are already on an existing platform. This is one of the reasons (one of many) I don't go with an all-in integrated system. I use pieces and replace as needed. Of course, about 50% of what I use is now self-written.
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
15 Oct 2015
@Jax Music Supply

Such as ChannelAdvisor you can get some really good demographics! such as top selling items. worst selling times. items with the most profits and via versa.

Solid Commerce can't do that.

Don't have an accounting system all accounting is done on SAP and on excel sheets as far as i know. IF you know an affordable system to simplify life i would love to know.

I hope this clarified what i was getting at.
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
15 Oct 2015
@agn.lek

Quick example ChannelAdvisor you can input information in a excel on there format and it will input all your data!

Solid Commerce will automatically import you live data from Amazon but not all the info, just enough so you can start applying rules and setup replricer to start selling.

But if i wanted to edit or add information. There excel system is horrible. and always a pain. For example, when you export information from SolidCommerce and want to change and put back in its not just 1,2,3! Have the change all the headers around. cause they have small variations for who know what reason. And they advised me to install the excel add-on. So i cant enjoy using there online portal. Which is not convenient when i'm traveling and not always have my laptop. Plus and some small to medium business, The admins will lock down the system and not let people install add-ons. and its just a pain waiting for an IT guy. If i can do everything from a browser from any remote location then transferring information and working will never be a hassle. Unless there is no Wi-Fi haha
United Kingdom United Kingdom
nnattu98
Kudos: 15
19 Feb 2016
@agn.lek
Hey - I have registered twice on your website i.e. www.getomnisale.com - but I haven't received any update yet !
It says free for the first 1000 users, but no credentials have been received.
Could you please check what's going on - should I wait or move on ?

[Last edited: 19 Feb 2016]

StoreFeeder
World First
First Choice Shipping
ReplyManager