Have you started preparing for the holiday season?

Poster
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Have you started preparing for the holiday season?
18 Sep 2015
Summer's over and the children are back at school... so have you started getting ready for the holiday shopping season?

What are the first things you do to prepare?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
NC United States
seller252gregb
Kudos: 171
Re: Have you started preparing for the holiday season?
18 Sep 2015
I don't market to specific trends or seasons but have started with outerwear already. I sell internationally so there in no real off-season but the bulk of sales are domestic. I like it this way as I can keep all my items in the store year round.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
30 Sep 2015
@Andy Yes. I've done a lot of projections for the remainder of the year and started to stock up, as best I can. I do several sales projections throughout the year. I do a Q4 estimated sales by item and start my orders off of that in September. I revise it in the last week of October, around November 16 or so (after payday) and then the last time just after Thanksgiving in the US. My orders are based off of this. I also do marketing planning in early October - what emails and items I will include. I don't send a lot out until the end of October, early November.
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,313
6 Oct 2015
Oh yes.

We start getting extra stock in around August / September.

While we do not stock specific Christmas items, a lot of our regular stock sells a lot more over the holiday season. Mainly childrens themed duvet covers.

Also we do not list all of our stock at the same time, preferring to delay some items until closer to Christmas when other suppliers are low on stock and prices are at a premium.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics