Amazon Product Listing - Assign ASIN

Poster
nschneider
Kudos: 99
Amazon Product Listing - Assign ASIN
29 Sep 2015
We currently have a backlog of about 20,000 products in our catalog which we need humans to look up each item individually and input the ASIN from the best match on Amazon. The data will be looked up from an Excel sheet. The ASIN will be input back into the same Excel sheet.

I am hiring people on upwork and fiverr but I have to think there are some agencies out there who only focus on this type of work and specialize at a fast pace. Has anyone use a service like this? To be clear, I will not consider a software matching solution as I have had trouble in the past with these (unless you convince me otherwise...)
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,376
Re: Amazon Product Listing - Assign ASIN
29 Sep 2015
@nschneider Do they have UPCs? Looks like this would be fairly simple to pull the ASIN by UPC using Amazon's API.
United States United States
nschneider
Kudos: 99
29 Sep 2015
@Jax Music Supply yes the have UPC, price, name, brand. However...you would think pulling by upc would work. But many of our items have multiple of the same listings on Amazon, due to the dirty data they have, so we try to select the most popular listing. In addition, many items we sell have the same barcode but may be sold in a pack or single, and on Amazon they may be sold as a pack or single. So you need to reference price and name when selecting the ASIN.

For this reason, we do not use computer match as we have in the past. I assume there is offshoring teams that specialize in this but have never worked with any. Thus my post. Thanks for replying though!
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
Kudos: 277
30 Sep 2015
@nschneider

Hello Nscneider,

I know Seller labs offers a Beta version for what your looking for. Its called SCOPE.

Link: www.sellerlabs.com/scope

Best part its free and works with Excel. coff coff

But it does have its limits. i believe you can only search 200 SKU's at a time. and it searches based of the name or UPC and other options. I do remember when i first started doing it all manually.

But to be honest I would suggest doing it manually to get the best possible listing if there are lots of duplicate listings of the same items. But now and days that's much of a problem on amazon.

Hope this helps@ Feel free to reach out if have any other concerns.

Best Regards,
Domoing
lpugliese
Kudos: 24
6 Oct 2015
@nschneider

eComEngine has a product called eComSpy that will provide matching ASINs, sales rank, competitors prices, and even potential profit margins.

You can try it for free at www.ecomspy.com.

Laura Pugliese
eComEngine
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
7 Oct 2015
@lpugliese we don't normally allow suppliers to recommend their own products but as eComSpy appears to be an exact match to the original poster's needs, and those kind of tools are not well known, it's OK this time.

But perhaps you could address the poster's point "I will not consider a software matching solution as I have had trouble in the past with these (unless you convince me otherwise...)"?

If any other suppliers want to comment, we'll relax our "no recommendations" rule for this thread - as long as your solution is an exact match to the OP's requirements!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
lpugliese
Kudos: 24
7 Oct 2015
@Andy
I apologize. I wasn't aware of the restriction about suppliers not mentioning their products. eComEngine certainly does not intend to regularly market our products in this forum, but I did think our product directly answered the need. Thanks for making me aware.

@nschneider
I understand your concerns about using an automated search.

First, to determine the most popular product, we provide the item's rank on Amazon. So, if multiple ASINs match your UPC, you can look for the ones with the lowest rank.

Second, in terms of case packs, eComSpy provides an easy way to see which ASINs are sold as packs and which are individual, so you can decide how you would like to list your items based on the price.

Also, if you upload your cost for the item with your search, eComSpy will calculate your projected margins based on the current prices listed on Amazon.

Other tools may provide similar functionality, but, of course, I recommend eComSpy. Try it out!

World First
Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware