Free Scheduled Listing?

Poster
Hade
Kudos: 30
Free Scheduled Listing?
22 Oct 2006
Hi,
I'm looking for some software which will list my products on eBay at regular intervals throughout the day, to save me being at my pc clicking 'upload item' in Turbo Lister every 5 mins.

I don't want to pay eBay for scheduled listings as I can hopefully just leave my PC on all day and have it do the scheduling work for free.

I'd be happy using desktop or online software if it does the job.

Thanks
Supplier
United States United States
bhogue
Kudos: 220
Re: Free Scheduled Listing?
23 Oct 2006
The only time I have heard of someone not paying the scheduled listing fee was from someone who had his own server. He would get the listing ready and then tell the server what time to send the auction to ebay. I believe the software he had was Liberty 4. The problem is that Liberty 4 is a below average product. It might be more trouble than its worth.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hade
23 Oct 2006
Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply.
I list a lot of products to eBay each day, so I imagine a complicated setup could well be worth my while.
Plus I'm sick of returning to my pc every 10 mins!

I have my own web server. It'd be nice if ebay accepted CSV or XML files via FTP as Google Base does. My work would be easy then!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
23 Oct 2006
Hi Hade,

You get free scheduling with Auctiva.

Some auction management tools have their own schedulers too - a desktop program like AuctionSage (with the Launch Freedom add-on), SpoonFeeder, or MarketBlast may suit you.

eBay does accept CSV files via eBay File Exchange, but that uses HTTP to upload files rather than FTP and its not an immediate listing so it might not be quick enough for you.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
India India
alka_22
25 Oct 2006
You can schedule your items upto six months in future with the Andale Lister absolutely free of cost.
Supplier
bhogue
25 Oct 2006
yeah, but then the problem is you have to use Andale.
Hade
25 Oct 2006
Just realised that Andale charge, and it's cheaper to use eBay scheduler. Shame as it looks spot on.

I went to log into Auctiva and it was down. Far too unreliable that site.

[Last edited: 25 Oct 2006]
Supplier
bhogue
25 Oct 2006
First of all they have too many bugs to function well. Good luck getting support, they will either blame you for the problem or not respond at all. Checkout is a joke, just like their entire program. Read the reviews under the web-based tab. How many auctions are you doing every month, Hade? What type of business are you running? Business liquidation, consignment, wholesale?
Hade
25 Oct 2006
I'm a magic retailer. I sell magic products from £3 to £20.
I list around 20-30 products a day.
I've realised that scattering listings throughout the day is highly beneficial and much more effective than uploading all at once..
Orlando, FL United States
nex1
Kudos: 25
23 Jan 2007
With Liberty4 Trading Assistants you can schedule your listings as far out into the future as you want - there is no limitation. You set a task in your control panel's "Scheduled Tasks" to execute a sync with eBay as often as you want (i.e. every hour) if the date/time for your delayed listing is reached or has passed, it will automatically launch your auction. All you need is a reliable internet connection. This allows you to bypass the 10 cent fee. You can also use up to 20 photo's per listing (Liberty will host your images for you).
resaleworld.com/L4TA.php
Seller1
Kudos: 385
23 Jan 2007
Do you spend time contacting customers via email? What about automatic notifications and accounting? Scheduling listings isn't the only advantage of using auction management software. Check out some free trials and see how much time the software saves you. In many cases, it's well worth the money. If your listing 20-30 auctions a day I'd say it's well worth it. Good luck!
Seller1
Kudos: 385
23 Jan 2007
One more thing. You mentioned "scattering" listings throughout the day. There is a whole science to scheduling listings. Randomly putting items up throughout the day could be effective, but from my experience, there are other factors which can increase sales. Through some great marketing techniques, you can really nail down your auctions to where you success rate is above 60%. If your company is not selling 60% of its auctions, either most of your products are dead, or you're not correctly managing your inventory/listings. Sometimes, it's a matter of both.
Supplier
bhogue
23 Jan 2007
I agree completely with Seller1. You MUST keep your sell-through percentage above 60%. Check out Terapeak (which I highly recommend) or another marketplace research tool to help you determine the best starting price, day of the week, time of day, etc for launching auctions.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,616
27 Apr 2007
Free scheduling is also available from The Poster Toaster and Supreme Auction

[Last edited: 30 Apr 2007]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
bhogue
30 Apr 2007
Free scheduled listings are now available with AuctionSound.

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First