Desktop software for UK seller

United Kingdom United Kingdom
Kudos: 15
Desktop software for UK seller
28 Oct 2006

I have returned from a 2 week holiday (vacation) last week to find that Sold V was falling apart. When I tried to email support I saw the sign stating they had gone out of business. This is a big problem for me as their system worked really well for me and I used it for 6 years.
What I liked about it was that it was clear and simple, but also had a good reporting tool, which made my quarterly VAT (UK sales tax) accounting easy. I have tried demo versions of MarketBlast (no good as US ebay only), Shooting Star, Auction Sage and now Auction Tamer. I would prefer a windows based program and at present Auction Tamer seems to be the best of the bunch, although it doesn't fit my requirements. It's still a bit behind eBay's own Seller Manager Pro in my opinion. Can anyone recommend a good alternative to sold apart from the above, which can be used by a UK based seller. It doesn't have to be desktop. Of course, I am hoping that someone can take over the Sold V software from Timbercreek, improve and re-release it.

Herts, England United Kingdom
Kudos: 11,516
Re: Desktop software for UK seller
28 Oct 2006
Hi Julius, welcome to the site.

I have moved your reply to a new topic.

Take a look at this search for Windows-based auction management software that supports - search results

I think you have found the main packages but could also take a look at SpoonFeeder and eBay Blackthorne
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Xpress Lister
2nd Office