How To Set Country Specific Shipping Rates on Amazon

Poster
nschneider
Kudos: 99
How To Set Country Specific Shipping Rates on Amazon
13 Oct 2015
Might sound like a basic question here, but we cannot for the life of us figure out how to set country specific rates on Amazon.com (usa website). From all our testing and research, you have to set Region rates. My use case is trying to set a country specific rate for South Korea. However I cannot and am forced to set a rate for all of Asia (how broad can you be Amazon).

I see this as a huge competitive advantage given my relationships with carriers inside Korea. Would love to hear how others have combated or solved this!
Florida United States
Domoing Commerce
Kudos: 277
Re: How To Set Country Specific Shipping Rates on Amazon
13 Oct 2015
@nschneider

Wish i could help but we are currently only setup for shipping within the united states.

Ounce you venture outside of the united states selling consumer electronics you see a lot more fraud.

And it becomes more of a hassle, especially when you have to provide all the information to prove you provided the service to the person on the other side of the computer.

Best Regards,
Andy
Supplier
Shenzhen China
ChinaDivision
Kudos: 119
16 Oct 2015
Hi, there is no need to worry about that. You can ask your carriers to send you the shipping rate for South Korea. then add them one by one. As far as i know, every order fulfillment company or carrier has its shipping rate to all the countries that can be reached. So just ask your carrier to send you a price list, then fill in your Amaozn.

Hope the above will help you!

Regards
Andy
ChinaDivision.com - Highly customized worldwide e-commerce order fulfillment from China. No Minimum! Managing your Shipments and Inventory with one click.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
16 Oct 2015
@ChinaDivision

First of all, there are too many Andys (or is it Andies?) on this thread!

I think you may have misunderstood nschneider's question. He has said that he already has a different rate for South Korea versus other Asian countries. That's hardly surprising given Asia includes Turkey, Japan, Indonesia, most of Russia etc - many thousands of miles apart.

The problem is that Amazon won't let him set a country-specific shipping rate, only one for the whole of Asia which I agree is a little ridiculous.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
nschneider
20 Oct 2015
As a follow up to this question, we did notice amazon.ca just last week opened up the option to set per country shipping prices. Seeing as amazon.ca is a smaller marketplace than amazon.com, we can assume amazon is testing this concept for future roll out on the main amazon.com site. Coincidental timing, but looks good for the future!
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
20 Oct 2015
I've found some new information about this. It's called "Ship by Region" (SBR) and allows you to set tailored delivery rates and speeds for each country. It's being rolled out to sellers and sites gradually.

sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/for...d.jspa?threadID=106486#1350306

You'll receive a notification when it's enabled on your account, it says there.

According to ChannelAdvisor "Amazon will seek to mandate the migration for all sellers sometime in 2016."
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
nschneider
20 Oct 2015
@Andy Nice find! We are a ChannelAdvisor customer already, I had not read that post though. Good find Andy and thanks for the info!

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder