Amazon Selling- Displaying MRP and actual sales price on Ama

Poster
akash
Kudos: 15
Amazon Selling- Displaying MRP and actual sales price on Ama
14 Nov 2015
Hi,

This is my first question on this forum. I am a new seller on Amazon India. I would like to know whether it makes sense to mention product MRP much higher than the Amazon selling price. I know most companies do that but then you also have to pay the Amazon fee as a % of the MRP. So if you are selling a product at 50% of the MRP, if you mention that, you gotta pay the Amazon fee that is twice that of your Amazon selling price. Does the cost - benefit workout? Does anyone have any empirical study on this?

Thanks!

Akash
Hartlepool United Kingdom
prebeat
Kudos: 49
Re: Amazon Selling- Displaying MRP and actual sales price on
15 Nov 2015
Hi

I wouldn't mention the MRP, Customers know if it is a good price or not I think. However, if you wanted too do that I would expect Amazon to only charge commission on the actual selling price surely ?
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,254
Re: Amazon Selling- Displaying MRP and actual sales price on
17 Nov 2015
Hi Akash

Unless Amazon India is different to the Amazon sites we sell on (and I doubt it), you only pay fees on the amount the item is sold for. It has nothing to do with any MRP / RRP.

I agree with prebeat about not mentioning the MRP for the same reason. Also, if you end up competing against others on the same listing, if the selling price goes up the 'discount' can become negligible, and if the selling price goes down people will wonder why you are so cheap (start thinking counterfeit / second hand / returns).

We know of several sellers on Amazon who have actually received negative feedback because '....the product is okay for the price, but no where near good enough for the RRP.' or very similar.

The only way that we have found MRPs to work is if you are the only seller of your own brand product and take part in Amazons 'Lightning Deals'
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor