Report for piggybacking sellers on Amz private label ASINs

Poster
CP17
Kudos: 25
Report for piggybacking sellers on Amz private label ASINs
24 Nov 2015
Hello,

Is anyone aware of any software out there that looks for piggybackers on private label brand ASINs? The buy box percentage report doesn't fit the bill unfortunately, as I read it includes periods of stock outs as you not being in the buy box (which is correct, but not helpful in trying to identify unscrupulous sellers from benefiting from our hard work!).

Many thanks
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Report for piggybacking sellers on Amz private label ASI
24 Nov 2015
Good question. I thought I had seen something that tracks that but can't think what it was...

Would it work just to track the price using camelcamelcamel.com/ (or another tracking site)?

If you are the only seller then that should alert you to someone else getting the Buy Box, unless their price is exactly the same as yours.

An Amazon Brand Registry listing should prevent others from changing your listing details (although it won't prevent others adding their offers for the same product).

Another idea to try is a page monitoring tool like Page Monitor for Chrome or VisualPing.

Does that help?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
30 Nov 2015
I'm relaxing the rule on recommending your own products for this thread.

If you provide a tool that solves this problem you are welcome to suggest it here.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Brussels Belgium
thomas297
Kudos: 36
Re: Report piggybacking sellers on Amzon private label ASIN
30 Nov 2015
Thanks, @Andy.

(Disclosure: I am running a web-site/service that might be of help). @CP17, you'd need to ensure that for each ASIN in each market-place of your presence: 1) there is one and only one offer-listing and 2) that this listing is yours.

Our tool helps with #1 and the #2 is implicit - if there are two or more listings, then someone else is piggy-backing on your ASIN.

Here is how to verify that:

A) For free: Go to www.barcoderobot.com/asin-ean/ or www.barcoderobot.com/asin-upc/ and enter your ASIN ( for example B00FL3XDYG). We will search for your in 10 AMZ markets and list # offers and lowest new price. In this case this ASIN B00FL3XDYG, a billiard table, is listed 6 times in US but only one time in UK (and out of stock in FR and not sold at all in Italy, India and China . This gives a quick overview on the ASIN situation across the whole Amazon estate. The free service is limited to a handful of free queries per day.

B) Commercially: We have several commercial plans that allow batched lookups (copy-paste your ASINs or upload a CSV) that will run similar queries in bulk. This produces a CSV or excel output ( one per market ) that does the mapping of your ASINs to the same type of info: some master data, pricing info and # of listings/offers. Do not forget to select "ASIN to EAN" or "ASIN to UPC" when submitting the data and "Price" and "Number of Offers" columns when exporting. Batches can be quite large: of 5k per run, 50k per day.

Please feel free to ask more questions, would be glad to help.

Cheers, Thomas

[Last edited: 30 Nov 2015]
Service Provider: barcoderobot.com
EAN/UPC/ISBN/ASIN master data, data conversion, lookup services
United Kingdom United Kingdom
CP17
Kudos: 25
30 Nov 2015
@Andy Hello Andy, thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Our main issue is finding a scalable solution, as we have over 3000 listings to keep an eye on across all the major Amazon platforms. Sorry, should have put that in the original posting.

I've not heard of the page monitoring tools, but will have a look at those.

Many thanks for opening this up to software providers too.

Regards
Paul

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First