Affordable Ways to Handle Returns

Poster
Germany Germany
Ted
Kudos: 104
Affordable Ways to Handle Returns
26 Nov 2015
Hi gang,

This is my first question. I am setting up a webshop and want to be very forgiving on returns. If customers want to send things back that don't fit or they don't like, I want them to be able to return it with no questions asked.

But, I only see pre-paid label options from USPS & worried that even if a return is requested & I send them out, they won't all get used. I am unsure when we'll reach the 10k minimum that USPS requires for scan-based return labels. This pre-paid option doesn't sound like the most economical solution. Are there third party services that offer this? Or, anyone have experience with pre-paid labels that feel it is still cost-effective (or not)?

Thanks for any insight,
Ted
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,603
Re: Affordable Ways to Handle Returns
26 Nov 2015
Hi Ted, welcome to the site.

Endicia has a pay-on-use USPS return labels solution: www.endicia.com/return-shipping-labels/pay-on-use

It's available direct or through partners like Teapplix, ShipRush and probably others.

By the way are you selling within the US or are these international returns?
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Ted
Germany Germany
Ted
26 Nov 2015
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at Endicia & is does look like an option. It would be interesting to hear of others. I am headquartered in Germany but the webshop & fulfillment center are in the US - all orders & returns are from the US.

Thanks,
Ted
Ted
Germany Germany
Ted
26 Nov 2015
I forgot to add - I am not sure if it makes much difference, but I am looking for just a returns solution. All my shipping is handled by a fulfillment center but it is too expensive to use them for returns.

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister