Amazon FBA Returns Tracking

Poster
sunny_boy
Kudos: 155
Amazon FBA Returns Tracking
14 Dec 2015
We have been running FBA for 6 months now, and we get our share of returns, But there is a build up of untracked returns over the months which is starting to become a problem

I am finding it hard to track returns as they seem to go through some untrackable stages
Stage 1. Buyer gets immediate re-imbursement.
Stage 2. Buyer then has 45 days to return. If they don't return the item in 45 days, then the money goes back into the seller's account. (Whoopee)
Stage 3 Item goes back to the FBA warehouse and is put into stock if still sellable, or marked unsellable and we can either
  • get Amazon to destroy it.
  • Or return it to us for repacking.

• Does anyone know of any software available to to keep track of this because we seem to get very little information from the reports as to what has gone back into sellable stock and what has not.

I guess what I am asking for is to be able to do some sort of stock audit on our FBA stock that goes further than just showing saleable stock.

Best regards

[Last edited: 14 Dec 2015]
    Mill Hill London NW7 United Kingdom
    tonyh01
    Kudos: 61
    Re: Amazon FBA Returns Tracking
    15 Dec 2015
    We've been using Amazon FBA for 3 months now and are having the same problems. So would be very interested to hear how other FBA sellers cope with it.

We also seem to get a fair number of items delivered to Amazon and then booked in as 'Unfulfillable'. When we have taken them back most have just small damage to the boxes not affecting the ability to be sold. In fact we've started to send some of them back (In a box via UPS) and they've been accepted - no problem.
    United States United States
    ronmauldin
    Kudos: 23
    Re: Amazon FBA Returns Tracking
    15 Dec 2015

tonyh01 wrote:

We've been using Amazon FBA for 3 months now and are having the same problems. So would be very interested to hear how other FBA sellers cope with it.

We also seem to get a fair number of items delivered to Amazon and then booked in as 'Unfulfillable'. When we have taken them back most have just small damage to the boxes not affecting the ability to be sold. In fact we've started to send some of them back (In a box via UPS) and they've been accepted - no problem.
    We have been selling over 5 years, we got rid of the "damaged box issue" by using non-tear poly bags, bubble wrap and 4x6 labels printed on a thermal label printer.

There is no fix to returns. Our big push has been to make better and better info on the product page so that pinheads don't order the wrong items... then return them.

We have had all sorts of returns... items that have been clearly used for years, competitor items, etc. Trying to do anything about this has been more time than the product is worth.
    My solution? If the item is low cost, throw it away. If not, refurbish and take it in the shorts.

StoreFeeder
    World First
    Seller Dynamics
    ReplyManager