end of auction archiving - best option?

Poster
saclark99
Kudos: 150
end of auction archiving - best option?
12 Nov 2006
Hi y'all

Just started back on eBay after a sabbatical, looking to get PowerSeller status back ASAP

Just wondering what people recommend for archiving sales data, ideally I am looking for a standalone tool rather than all-encompassing auction management suite. I tend to use Auctiva & GarageSale for listing, and what I am looking for is something to 'dump' all the eBay sales data from archive into a simple format. I use QuickBooks, although it's not essential to export to this, but would rather have something than a csv dump. Any ideas?

Oh BTW, it's for use on eBay UK!

Thinking about it, I used SpoonFeeder ages ago and although it was fine for my needs, I didn't really like the aesthetics of it (shallow I know), so maybe I can use that just as a 'back-end' option. I know Auctiva are looking to build up their reporting, and I use SMP on eBay but I really just need a standalone system that can pull my sales data out of eBay irregardless of what listing method I use.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received and appreciated, apart from any involving Andale - which can spread the devil's work elsewhere as far I care

Cheers,

S

PS. Have a fab weekend !
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
Re: end of auction archiving - best option?
16 Nov 2006
I would look at the Accounting and Sales Analysis categories for a "point" solution rather than an all-encompassing auction management package. Both types of software can archive auction data, but to different ends.

I narrowed these categories down to the UK and the best fit was:

eBay's own Sales Reports (UK link). This is geared to analyzing your performance, but you might be able to download the raw data.

The other candidates were:

Tradebox - made for Sage rather than QuickBooks and probably overkill for your needs
eBay Sales Manager - just a spreadsheet for manual data entry
Sales Director Pro - seems to be out of action

eBay's Accounting Assistant does not officially support UK versions of QuickBooks but it might be worth experimenting with as you say QuickBooks export is not essential.

Good luck!

[Last edited: 12 Jul 2012]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
jmbarry
Kudos: 30
25 Nov 2006
Give Prime 2S a try. (www.prime2s.com/3-Clicks/index.html)

They have a downloadable utility that downloads the data you specify into an Excel spreadsheet. It's $26.99 for the software with a promotional discount for rising eBay sellers.

I like their solution because it's not a Mega-Econo-Full-Throttle-World-Hunger-Solving solution. It just downloads the data you need to maintain for your records.

I glanced at their website and they didn't indicate if eBay UK is or isn't supported -- you'll have to check with them.
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,626
26 Nov 2006
That's a good idea, and Prime2S's program 3-Clicks does support the UK, prime2s.blogspot.com/2006/07/3-clicks-goes-worldwide.html
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
United States United States
Prime 2s
Kudos: 20
27 Nov 2006
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your interest in my program. Please try it out and let me know what you think. If you find any bugs or have comments/suggestions on how to make it better, please let me know. I'm always trying to improve 3-Clicks and I'll be glad to hear about your suggestions.
Lancashire, UK United Kingdom
saclark99
Kudos: 150
3 Dec 2006
Thanks to all your help and info, much appreciated.

eBay's own tools, reports etc are pretty cool really on reflection, but going to try the 3 clicks solution too.

If it's good, will include a link in the eBay guide I'm currently writing

Cheers

S

ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo
Selro