Ebook Licensing Deal

Poster
jeremywk
Kudos: 31
Ebook Licensing Deal
4 Feb 2016
I'm in the process of negotiating an ebook licensing deal with a clickbank author for a one off fee. They probably aren't selling many with a gravity of 1.00. However, they seem to be experts in the field with high credentials (i.e. phd) and also runs a wellness centre for my main market. Their ebook consists of 12 modules with over 400 pages of content and they've agreed to license the rights for 2 of those modules to be included as bonuses for my physical product customers. The ebook retails for $25 on clickbank. Would $100 seem to be fair or should I offer more or less?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,623
Re: Ebook Licensing Deal
4 Feb 2016
@jeremywk interesting question!

$100 sounds pretty low to me, I assume they put a lot of work into the ebook and that might feel derisory.

What else is in it for them? Is your product likely to sell in high volume? Will it help promote their name and wellness centre? Could you include a voucher with your product to get a discount off the whole ebook?

If you can find a way to sweeten the deal for them it might actually be better not to pay them at all and instead make it a "partnership".
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Hong Kong Hong Kong
jeremywk
Kudos: 31
Re: Ebook Licensing Deal
5 Feb 2016
@Andy Thank you for you advice! That make sense.

Seller Dynamics
ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister