Embarrassing for other repricers....

Poster
toddaryan
Kudos: 53
starstarstarstarstar
Embarrassing for other repricers....
1 Mar 2016
I'm a serial seller tool tester having tried a large percentage of all of the software packages out there. That includes repricers, where I've tested / did a demo of most of the packages that were in the sub-$500 per month range.

For me, BQool is a no brainer for the under $500 per month market and one I recommend to anyone that asks. It addresses all of the attributes included in the Amazon API, and is one of the few repricers I've seen that will put positive price pressure on your price when you have the Buy Box. Most other repricers will work to get you in the Buy Box and then leave you alone. BQool, if configured correctly, will try to increase your price while still keeping you in the Buy Box to maximize your profit.

I've been using BQool for roughly a year now, and until I can afford some of the advanced algorithm repricers that cost $500-$1,500 per month BQool is where I'll stay.
United States United States
skyni1
Kudos: 18
Re: Embarrassing for other repricers....
1 Mar 2016
@toddaryan

How would you compare it to Sellery, that can also be configured to maximaze your buy box price.

The problem with all these repricers is the limitation Amazon places on API data. No matter how well or creatively you configure them, they still miss important price changes and/or price items completely out of the market (too high). That includes Sellery, RepriceIt, Etc.

What is your experience?

BTW, There is a great post in FBAMastery.com about hiring a virtual assistant to reprice everything manually. That may be the only way to get true price competitiveness.

Thanks - Tony
United States United States
toddaryan
Kudos: 53
Re: Embarrassing for other repricers....
1 Mar 2016
@skyni1 - I tried Sellery and really like the company behind Sellery. However, despite over 25 years in IT I was unable to figure out how to use the site intuitively. In all fairness, I did not read the manual or watch many videos, but based on my experience with other repricers I did not feel that level of study should be required for a repricer at that price point.

I agree with the Amazon API limitations but have not found them to be problematic for me. I sell very, very few used items so the sub-condition limitation doesn't affect me (i.e. Very Good, Acceptable, etc.). My rules are set to ignore prices outside of my range (low or high), so my config is pretty much laser focused on chasing the buy box within my pricing range and driving the price up as much as possible.

I've considered the VA route, but I have resisted for two reasons:

First, that would get me into the process of needing to completely document every variable, train to perfection, and then repeat anytime turnover occurred.

Second, I'm not convinced that the human factor of emotion could be completely removed. I use a repricer primarily to keep "me" from ruining my own profit as I am hyper-competitive. With a VA, it's hard to imagine them performing robotically and not taking any unscripted chances or chasing a price competitively below my min price level.

The obvious elephant in the room with VA's is the margin for human error.

One thing I've learned in this business is that there is not a "one size fits all" approach. My use of BQool might be disastrous for your business, and VA's may make my business explode in growth. To each his own.
Report review abuse

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo