Has anyone had problems with HammerTap?

Poster
bdjolie
Kudos: 632
Has anyone had problems with HammerTap?
25 Nov 2006
I have been evaluating the different analysis tools, and did a little Google research. Anyway, I found it interesting that the original and current owners (Bright Builders) of HammerTap have been envolved in illegal activity. Here are two articles that sum up my findings:

www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m02/i03/s01

www.programreview.com/brightbuilders.php?item_id=109

OK, with that said, I was wondering if anyone has had problems with HammerTap?

Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Has anyone had problems with HammerTap?
26 Nov 2006
HammerTap is now owned by a separate and independant company, not Bright Builders.

www.hammertap.com/company/about.html
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Florida, USA United States
bdjolie
27 Nov 2006
Good to know... Thanks!

So let me ask, which tool do you think is better...

Terapeak or HammerTap?
United States United States
franko
Kudos: 35
27 Nov 2006
Looks like the same person owns both still, irreguardless of them being 2 seperate companies.

www.hammertap.com/company/press_room.html#apr6

"Orem, UT – April 6, 2006 – Greg Cole, president of HammerTap, LLC, has been nominated as a candidate for the 2006 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year by Merrill Lynch."

www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m02/i03/s01

"Greg Cole, President of Bright Builders, declined to say how much he paid for the software."

This is pretty ugly too:
www.utah.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=4001728

It also mentions their current address as undeliverable.
Supplier
United States United States
Certes Consulting
Kudos: 45
28 Nov 2006
If you are looking for eBay analysis software, you might want to take a look at AuctionIntelligence
www.webretailer.com/profiles/auctionintelligence.asp

We're obviously a bit biased, but we think it's one of the best tools out there. We've got great support through both email and forums, and we're also pretty good at making updates when eBay changes their site layout.

We also just recently released an addin that allows for more in-depth eBayMotors analysis (if you're a heavy eBayMotors user) which is getting great kudos.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here, or to our forums and we'll be happy to answer them.

...o, and one last thing - if you sign up through the Auction Software Review, you get a discounted subscription price. Cool huh?

Cheers,
Florida, USA United States
bdjolie
28 Nov 2006
franko:

Yes, the undeliverable address is pretty disturbing. I know HammerTap has been around for awhile, but its questionable ethics will determine its future. These auction management tools come and go all the time.

Certes Consulting:

Thanks for your input, I was considering AuctionIntelligence as well.

[Last edited: 28 Nov 2006]
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
29 Nov 2006
HammerTap does have a troubled past with Kenneth Walton (see the AuctionBytes link in the first post) which they understandably want to distance themselves from. Their product is genuine and I have spoken with them in the past and I thought they were sincere.

They have a 10 day free trial and after that a monthly fee, so there is little risk to using the program. It's not like an auction management solution when you are trusting key elements of your business to a third party.

There are few offerings in the eBay marketplace analysis category so I would like to see them to continue in business, and address your concerns over their link with Bright Builders.

[Last edited: 29 Nov 2006]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder
World First