Decent Software But Too Many Problems

Poster
MerchGuy
Kudos: 23
starstardim stardim stardim star
Decent Software But Too Many Problems
7 Mar 2016
Let me start by saying I've been a Solid Commerce customer for about five years at this point. It's definitely helped grow my business. But my business has turned into a seven figure company and Solid Commerce simply isn't doing the job anymore. I'm on the verge of accepting an offer from Channel Advisor.

Simply put, Solid Commerce is full of software bugs. And the support is absolutely horrible for them. For about six months Solid Commerce couldn't figure out how to list products with variations to Sears. Support was practically non-existent for the issue.

For years we've been printing packing slips by 'item title'. Our warehouse is set up with the items alphabetized. For the last four weeks we have been unable to print the packing slips by 'item title', which we have been doing for years. Solid Commerce changed something on their back end. Despite about 10 requests to have this bug fixed, they've done nothing to fix it. I'm now paying an employee two hours more every day, Monday-Friday to alphabetize packing slips. It's inefficient and costing me money. And frankly, it's all Solid Commerce's fault. They couldn't care less about fixing this.

When I have a simple problem like this (caused by one of their updates) it can take six months to fix. All they do is promise to fix it. But they don't. And it costs me money.

I'm done with them. After demoing Channel Advisor, their product seems like way less work to upload products to the different marketplaces. Solid Commerce requires so much product info uploaded in Excel for every marketplace. And while I'm good with Excel, it's just flat out annoying to do so much data entry. Channel Advisor's system does seem better. And they have more marketplaces available to list in than Solid Commerce. Solid doesn't have Jet..Amazon JP..slow slow slow to get with the times of global e-commerce businesses.

Channel Advisor is about double the price I'm paying now. But for less bugs, more support database info, more piece of mind..I'm moving over there. Transferring all the data and setting everything up will be horrible. But Solid Commerce has basically forced me to do this.

My two cents: If you have a small sized business, Solid Commerce will help you grow. But when you reach a certain point, there are better options out there. Solid Commerce will frustrate you. You'll have a new support rep assigned to you every 3 months. And usually one a year is actually competent.

If you're doing over 100 orders a day, look elsewhere for channel management.
United States United States
andy5959
Kudos: 96
Re: Decent Software But Too Many Problems
9 Mar 2016
@MerchGuy

are you sure ? Don't scare me. I just joined solid and hoping this would be good platform for my business. I am doing 600 orders day.
MerchGuy
9 Mar 2016
@andy5959 I've been a client for five years. Run a good size business. Trust me. Full of bugs. Support is pretty bad. But..I've been with them for five years. So my business has certainly done well with them. But after five years, the limitations that come with SC are staring me in the face. It's not for me anymore. I'm at my boiling point with them. To a five year client, it is extremely noticeable that Solid Commerce has gone way downhill in the last year. Software bugs..Lack of support..The time it takes to fix the bugs..It's really the worst it's ever been.

Is it possible that Channel Advisor or the others have the same or similar bugs? Yes. But I'm starting to think Channel Advisor is far and away the market leader for a reason. I'm dropping Solid Commerce.

[Last edited: 9 Mar 2016]
andy5959
9 Mar 2016
@MerchGuy

oh man your scaring me i just joined and my training should be ending soon. I felt it is not that great also. But i can't found one that is prefect out there. I heard Channel Advisor is an king of listings and reports. But it also needs alot of third party to integrate with it as well and its pretty prices for me. Any other works good beside channel advisor you know so far ?
Geekster
16 Mar 2016
@MerchGuy Sounds like you could do a much better job at warehousing. I have run some pretty big warehouses and if you told me you were going to sort product by alphabetical order I would fire you. I'm not trying to insult you, but you really should look at your practice, you're probably wasting thousands of dollars a year doing that.
andy5959
20 Mar 2016
@MerchGuy

Hey i have an question when you moved how do you move your inventory ? all the inventory you bundle from different market place to an master sku ?
kyd90026
Kudos: 15
23 Apr 2016
I have tried both SC and Channel Advisors and my verdict is that they both fail!!

SC is a small company with limited resources and help. And their system has bugs that they cannot seemed to fix it. Also their system is somewhat complicated.

Channel Advisors are just money hungry corporation that tries to screw people.
Once you sign their yearly contract then you are in their mercy. Be very careful!!!!! Be ready to cough up $20K if things don't work out!
They are expensive and help is even worse than SC. You have to pay extra for training. If you can believe it. If you don't believe me then look at their stock price. It tanked from $50 to less than $10. I guess that I wasn't only one who was not happy.

Do you home work and make sure that you can get out if you are not happy.
Don't sign long term contract unless you are really sure.

Your business is last thing in their mind. Sucking you dry with crappy software and service is.
FBA CEO
Kudos: 15
12 May 2016
@kyd90026

I've heard the exact same thing many many times..
sound like real scumbags to me..

TO BE CLEAR , I'M TALKING ABOUT Channel Advisor
Hank12
Kudos: 20
7 Sep 2016
@andy5959
Hows your Solid Commerce experince going? I am thinking about trying them but now see all this negative feedback?
Report review abuse

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo