Very difficult to setup

Poster
Geekster
Kudos: 23
starstardim stardim stardim star
Very difficult to setup
11 Mar 2016
I started to evaluate the software on Monday. It seemed great from all the reading, etc that I did. However by Thursday, we still did not have a working system. It would appear that this is really more designed for UK users. There is little to no support for setting up ShipStation or Fedex, etc. This is the first piece of software that we have tested that does not have a working shipping solution out of the box. Note, that you need to be a FedeX developer to obtain a API key. So we setup ShipStation only to find out that no one could actually help make it work. After many hours, Shipstation was connected properly but the orders would never sync. That included manually moving orders to a folder, which is also not in the documentation.

We were only setting up eBay as a channel and had one item just to simply test the software. After 3 days, that's exactly where it sits and that's where we will leave it.

I will give it two stars instead of one because their support was pretty good, except they really could not help get it going other than to tell us have a training session.

If anyone has any recommendations for something similar, I would love to hear it. Very disappointed that Linnworks has no real soltuion or even a partial solution that works out of the box. Bottom line, it's way too complicated.

My recommendation to Linnworks is to offer a setup service. Not a third party in another country. Unless it's so complex that even you don't want to set it up.
Supplier
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Klaas Schippers - Linnworks
Kudos: 35
Re: Very difficult to setup
28 Nov 2016
@Geekster

I am sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties setting up Linnworks. We have many guides and tutorials to get started with Linnworks, but it indeed is true that a more specific setup can be more work to get around the setup.

Are you familiar with this guide? www.linnworks.com/support/ship...s/shipping-service-shipstation

We indeed do not offer full-scale setup services. But we have partners who are willing to do this for you.

I realize that it has been a while since you posted this review here, have you found an easier and cheaper alternative by now? Are you still looking to synchronize your e-commerce? If you are still looking, is there anything I can do to help you?

You can send me a PM if you would like to try Linnworks again, I will do my best to assist you in a setup.

All the best,
Klaas Schippers

Linn Systems Ltd

[Last edited: 28 Nov 2016]
Linnworks is an innovative eCommerce platform that helps over 4,000 online retailers across the globe automate their key processes, reduce costs and grow their business.
www.linnworks.com/over
Report review abuse

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo