Bid-O-Matic

Poster
Its me
Kudos: 80
Bid-O-Matic
7 Dec 2006
I just updated to Bid o Matic's version 2.1.0 and have the program reading in english. But when I go to change the serverstrings.ini file it isnt there. Is there a different way to change the ebay site language wtithin BOM now?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
Re: Bid-O-Matic
7 Dec 2006
Renaming serverstrings.ini worked for me after the update.

Are you looking in C:\Program Files\Bid-O-Matic ?

If you can't find it try searching your hard drive for serverstrings.ini
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
Its me
Kudos: 80
8 Dec 2006
Yes, I am looking in the programs/bidomatic file. Also tried to do a search on the serverstring.ini files. The correct file didnt appear until I removed and reloaded the program.

Now I have renamed the default .ini file to ini.bak and took the ebay.com.txt off of the other file exactly as the instructions read (with BOM closed), but the web browser in the program is still stuck in german (or whatever it is). I shut BOM down and restarted it, I deleted all the watched items from my ebay account and replaced them (with BOM closed) and refresed BOM, all with no luck.

I've probably downloaded the program 4-5 times to different computers since I found it a while back and this is the 2nt time Ive been unable to get the web browser to work. Any ideas?

Just as an aside, even with the quirk, the program has fantastic functionality. To the author, thanks for taking the time to write it.
United Kingdom United Kingdom
teragram
Kudos: 15
31 Jan 2007
Please can someone give me full instructions to change Bid-O-Matic to english or tell me where to get help?
Thanks
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,631
1 Feb 2007
Hi,

To change BOM to English, click on the "Sprache" menu, then "english"

To change the eBay site it uses in browser windows see here: www.webretailer.com/forum-topic.asp?tid=347

Hope that helps.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo