New Accounts solution for eBay sellers

Poster
Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
Tradebox
Kudos: 185
New Accounts solution for eBay sellers
21 Dec 2006
Platform One are proud to announce that a version of Tradebox has been created which integrates into Sage's latest solution, Start Up. The joint solution, which launched this week, is being marketed, sold and supported by Sage and is available to purchase exclusively from Sage's own eBay shop, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sage-Start-Up, from only £298.

With Sage Start-Up & Tradebox your eBay business can:
  • Manage and track all money in, money out and VAT
  • Automatically import your eBay sales into Sage Start-Up.
  • Automatically import your eBay fees into Sage Start-Up.
  • Automatically create eBay customer invoices, records and payments in Sage Start-Up.
  • Manage contacts, view your cash flow, and create financial reports.
  • Graphically track your sales by day, month or year.
  • Plus much more… it even notifies you of new eBay announcements. No prior accounting knowledge is needed - this software is powerful yet remarkably easy to use.

• Additionally, with Sage Start-Up plus Tradebox for your eBay business, you get:
  • Unlimited support for a year, directly from Sage (UK) Limited. You can talk to real people who understand your business, by telephone or via email if you prefer.
  • Full access to the dedicated Sage Start-Up website, a huge online resource centre to help you plan your business, develop your sales and keep you up to date with online developments.
  • Sage Start-Up software and eBay interface kept fully up to date for a single eBay ID/account.
  • A clear future upgrade path as your business grows and your accounting needs develop.
  • Plus much more… there is even a Diary function that reminds you when your eBay listings are ending.
  • Sage Start-Up plus Tradebox is an annual subscription-based service and the initial cost includes your first year’s subscription. This way:
  • Your accounts software will always be up to date.
  • The eBay import facility can be updated as changes are made by eBay.
  • We can continually develop the website to give you up to the minute help and valuable information.
  • We can offer you on going, unlimited support with our award winning support service.
  • Annual renewal is £198 (equivalent to about £3.80 a week).

Sage Start-Up plus Tradebox will:
  • Enable you to easily remain up to date with your accounts/bookkeeping.
  • Save you huge amounts of time by automatically importing eBay sales and fees.
  • Eliminate errors often due to manual input of eBay data.
  • Equip you to better plan, analyse and grow your eBay business.

• http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sage-Start-Up

[Last edited: 21 Dec 2006]
    Accounts integration for online retailers
    Ady
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ady
    Kudos: 226
    Re: New Accounts solution for eBay sellers
    21 Dec 2006
    Just wondered if you are quoting a fixed price of £298, why are there no fixed price listings for the software - they are all on auction only.

It's something I would possibly be interested in, but I don't intend bidding for software which appears to have a fixed price set for it.
    Supplier
    Tradebox
    21 Dec 2006
    One of the great things about eBay is that Sage has to abide by the same eBay rules as everyone else. Unfortunately, the Direct Debit arrangement to allow Fixed Price listings has taken longer to formalise than anticipated. However, we expect this will only take before it is in place. Nevertheless, Sage were keen to make this product available at this time as many eBay sellers (the products` target market) do get at least a few days break at the Christmas and New Year holiday time. It is not Sage`s intention for any "bidding wars" to take place and so anyone who buys from a current auction but pays more than the £298 opening bid price will be refunded the difference.
    Ady
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ady
    Kudos: 226
    21 Dec 2006
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I will probably end up giving the combined software a go as I know a lot of people rave on about how good Tradebox actually works.

I will download the demo of sage start-up first though to see if I like the usability of the main accounts package before investing in the full system.

As regards to bidding wars, I didn't expect those to occur, its just with them being 3 or 5 day auctions, if you bid at the start of the auction, you then need to wait 3 days to see if you 'win'. If someone else bids at the last minute, it starts again bidding on another one and waiting in the hope you 'win'. Unlikely, but if that goes on a few times, it could end up a week to get software that you are willing to pay for there and then. Although I guess 2nd chance offers may play a part.
    Supplier
    Tradebox
    10 Jan 2007
    Tradebox + Sage Start Up now available as fixed price listings from Sage's eBay shop; stores.ebay.co.uk/Sage-START-UP

Xpress Lister
    2nd Office
    ChannelAdvisor
    XSellco