Anyone selling on Walmart's site?

Poster
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,361
Anyone selling on Walmart's site?
20 May 2016
I was invited (and accepted, at least until I get integration details) to sell on Walmart's website. There contract was 35 pages long, and, as to be expected, one sided. In any case, I don't know all the details yet but it will require some IT work for us to implement. Has anyone else done this? Worth the hassle? My current thought is it could be a hedge against Amazon at some point since Wallyworld is one of the largest retailers in the world.
United States United States
ahronrose
Kudos: 21
Re: Anyone selling on Walmart's site?
24 May 2016
@Jax Music Supply

I applied to sell on Walmart, but haven't received a response yet. Having said that, I strongly believe that Walmart has the potential of being a strong marketplace (and a big treat to amazon) if they do things right. So I would definitely pursue it.

How long did it take for them to respond to your application?
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
24 May 2016
@ahronrose I didn't submit an application. They reached out to me direct. Of course, they have a long on boarding process.
United States United States
lindaa
Kudos: 18
24 May 2016
Wintec Industries is a DSV for Walmart. Rather than have to set up a whole new system within your company to be a marketplace seller, let Wintec add your products directly to Walmart.com and any other retailer you like, Wintec has loaded more than 100000 items and ships more than 300000 packages to Walmart and other retail customers each year. Our merchandising staff works directly with those at Walmart to promote your products through Roll Backs and other avenues to drive product sales.

Send me a note if you want to join the fun without all the headaches.
Lindaa@wintecind.com
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
22 Jun 2016
Just to provide an update. They finally responded with "onboarding" instructions this week. Not sure what the BFD and the long time was as it appears to be almost totally self directed. Standard stuff so far, US W-9, shipping rates (similar setup to Amazon US), sales tax stuff (not sure completely setup correctly but is very confusion and way more complicated than it needs to be). Let you upload a logo but must be a certain size, no exceptions. Started the initial product load. This is very nasty in my opinion. They REQUIRE 3 different types of descriptions - Long, Short, adn "Shelf". Trying to create these is a manual process as they want HTML tags in the load spreadsheet. I actually put in a ticket asking for estimated volumes because it may not be worth the labor involved.

Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor