Amazon PPC

Poster
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
Amazon PPC
10 Jun 2016
Has anyone got good success with Amazon automatic PPC ?

We have had some good success.

Spent: £22.72
Sales: £166.71
AcOS: 14%

What about you ?
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
Re: Amazon PPC
22 Jun 2016
@DayToDayEbay

I've had some success (US based) in terms of sales. One thing I've noticed, it works best with products that you have some reviews on. Additionally, the cost of acquisition seems to be somewhat high for me. My most successful and long term advertising products are running about 15% cost per sale. That seems very high considering that there is a 15% AMZ commission on top of it. Luckily these are high margin products. I need to run some tests using Google, Bing, and Yahoo to see how PPC compares there.
Supplier
India India
denniesbright
Kudos: 133
23 Sep 2016
I tried Amazon ppc and I am agree on topic that it works best on the product which have good and more reviews on it. but it is more costlier than google and bing PPC.

I would much more prefer google adwords for the better conversion in low cost.
Orderhive is a cloud based multichannel Inventory Management Software
North Carolina United States
Lindsey Sanders
Kudos: 71
23 Sep 2016
@DayToDayEbay I've been thinking of using Amazon PCC, thanks for mentioning your results. I've only used Adwords so far, it took a lot of trail and error to get it working though. Adwords is cheaper from what I understand, but if I can churn a profit from Amazon I'm all for it.
Supplier
UK United Kingdom
daytodayebay
Kudos: 484
25 Sep 2016
@Lindsey Sanders Cost could be lot lower.

Checkout this example of a client we are currently working

snag.gy/0n2iPd.jpg
DaytodayeBay.Your one stop eBay and Amazon Solution Provider
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,372
27 Sep 2016
@DayToDayEbay

Just an update for us. We are still using it for a few products. It just really seems cost prohibitive. I think philosophically I am opposed to paying even more for Amazon traffic on top of a 15% commission here in the US. I mean really - if you are buying PPC ads from them, why are you paying another 15%? Shouldn't that include traffic already? At some point you have to think that you'd be cheaper spending 15% to drive traffic to your website instead of trying to drive Amazon traffic to your Amazon listing.
Supplier
New York United States
Amzpecty
Kudos: 91
4 Oct 2016
IMO, Amazon PPC works best for what it's designed for - get traffic to your Amazon listing from within Amazon itself. It's very specific, which you guys already know. However, I understand the apprehension given the 15% commission fee: personally, I find it too... exploitative? I don't know what's the right word.

You could use Google to drive people from outside Amazon to your Amazon listing. It works that way too, although most people in Google are searching for information they could use in addition to buying.

In the end, it all hinges on the keywords that you choose. This means that investing in PPC ads will entail some testing, which means you'll have to spend for some "experimental" campaigns before you can get the right mix. That's where success in Amazon PPC, or in PPC in general, lies.
Pricing can make or break an e-commerce website. You can check competitor quantity and pricing on Amazon now with Amzpecty.

ReplyManager
Sellware
Ad-Lister
Xpress Lister