Why my website Alexa Rank is dropping day by day?

Poster
mazharul.haq022
Kudos: 20
Why my website Alexa Rank is dropping day by day?
7 Aug 2016
My website's Alexa rank is dropping day by day. I concern about it. Anybody give me any solution about Ecommerce Alexa rank?
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,637
Re: Why my website Alexa Rank is dropping day by day?
7 Aug 2016
Is your actual traffic also dropping day by day?

That's much more relevant to your business than your Alexa rank. Alexa is just a competitive rank, based on users of the Alexa toolbar.

It's a very approximate guide to the relative traffic of websites - so if you are #100,000 then there are 99,999 websites getting more traffic than you. If 5,000 lower-ranked websites, completely unrelated to yours, start getting more visitors then you will drop in the ranks as they rise above you. That's of no relevance to your business at all. The movements of your direct competitors are rather more relevant, but I would still not take it all that seriously.

[Last edited: 8 Aug 2016]
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
Supplier
India India
hrishivardhan
Kudos: 30
10 Aug 2016
Alexa rank is kind of comparison Index. but it's only compare traffic of your site and compare it with other sites and gives you rank on behalf of that.

If your business is growing and you are getting conversion from your site than you do not have to worry about that rank. you just can focus on performance of your site.
Orderhive is a Multi Channel Cloud based Inventory Management Software
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,293
24 Aug 2016
I remember the days when every bit of software you downloaded or installed added the Alexa toolbar to your browser. Many times I used to see web pages where over half the screen was taken up by toolbars from various companies.

As others have said, Alexa is only based on rankings against other sites. The best thing to do, if you have not already, is get a Google Analytics account. That way you can see if the numbers of visitors to your site is going up or down, find your sites landing pages, time on site and a whole lot of other information that may or may not be useful / confusing.

If the number of visitors is going down, you have to determine if this is a seasonal thing or if your site SEO needs tweaking. Are their more competitors in the same line etc.

You can view statistics any way you want, the real deal is are you getting sales ?
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco
Volo