Amazon Sponsored Products a Mess? Grow Sales, Lower ACoS & Simplify Campaigns with Ignite!  
Learn More

How to bring more visitors to newly launched website

Poster
webmaster69
Kudos: 15
How to bring more visitors to newly launched website
11 Aug 2016
How to bring more visitors to newly launched website.

www.taazataaza.com
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,794
Re: How to bring more visitors to newly launched website
13 Aug 2016
@webmaster69

Before you consider getting more people to your website, sort it out, literally !!

Your site has no menu or structure, just a search bar. When I looked at your site, I thought it just sold flags !

By asking for more vendors it would appear that you want to be the next eBay / Amazon but your site requires a lot more work. Woocommerce sites are not the best for this way of business, however once you have sorted out the structure there are a lot of plug ins / modules that may help you with basic SEO which will be a start.

To be honest, at the moment I would not waste your money on PPC or social media advertising unless it is free.

I wish you luck, and and to be honest at the moment you need it.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Supplier
India India
denniesbright
Kudos: 133
19 Aug 2016
You really need to optimized your site. it's kind of in worst state. you don't have any navigation or the site links. even you can not put any content on the site.

First you need to redesign your site and optimized it properly for both user and the search engine. and use the social media very effectively. and if you have a good budget you can also go for the paid marketing
Orderhive is a cloud based multichannel Inventory Management Software
Boston, MA United States
Nolan
Kudos: 67
19 Aug 2016
The navigational suggestions by Bigian13 and denniesbright are good ones, but I don't think there's any harm in beginning to send Google Shopping traffic to the site as it is.

Using BuiltWith.com I can see you have a WooCommerce site, and that's a fairly easy platform to create a product feed for woocommerce.com/products/google-product-feed/

You can set the bids/budget very low at first to get a sense for how it performs and if you see some sales then you can increase them.

(Sorry that the image is so small -- if you go to this link to Google's AdPreview Tool you can set different locations in India and try different search queries: adwords.google.com/apt/anon/Ad...+Miniature+Table+Flag&run=true)

[Last edited: 19 Aug 2016]
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,794
20 Aug 2016
@Nolan

To be honest I would totally disagree with spending any money on advertising until the look and feel of the site instills trust and it works better, especially on mobile.

If for example you clicked an ad to a specific product page, the image is usually of such a size and position that makes it hard to easily scroll the page with a quick swipe without engaging the zoom feature on the image, which is very frustrating. Whilst the details, description and specifications are useful (could do with more SEO though) they do take up a large amount of space and the content slightly repetitive. Product ratings will be useful when the site is more established and the related products is usually a no brainer. However then you have the company logo that takes up half a screen, footer links are another screen. Then a page of nothingness before a page and a half meaningless links (at the moment), that due to their structure and (lack of) content are more likely to harm SEO then help it. All slightly boring for the consumer.

Clicking the settings / menu icon simply brings up a search box and log in details. Not very inspiring, and no help at all to navigation or to other products sold on the site.

Based on a quick test, Adwords returned a CPC of £0.34 - £0.43 on the airplane flag (sold for 325.00 rupees or approx £3.70) for adverts based on consumers in India (non regional). A quick survey of 47 people, who are all in the IT / web design / e-commerce business and were emailed a link to this product page, revealed that none of them would buy from this site in its present form, no matter how much they wanted the product. They would rather buy from another seller with a better looking website. So that would have cost around £14 for nothing. Yes that is one of the hazards of CPC but these are people that have been in the business for years and I value their opinions when it comes to ecommerce having known them for many years.

I have recently been involved with a major UK retailer who could not understand why customer feedback of their website was so bad. I told them straight, 'your structure and search results are cr4p'. They are now restructuring their site and investing heavily to improve their product descriptions and search / product indexing to make site navigation easier.

Yes you can flog a dead horse so to speak, but for a new site that has aspirations, not having a simple menu to aid customers is like having a cup of coffee without the cup. You will get your fingers burnt.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
Boston, MA United States
Nolan
Kudos: 67
19 Sep 2016
@Bigian13 that's very sound feedback, and I would agree that they probably should address some of the low-hanging items you mention to bring the site's trustworthiness up.

That said, I would still maintain that Google Shopping can be a very affordable way to get actual relevant shoppers to your site where you can then monitor their site usage and know what is or is not working. You can set the bid at just a penny and be eligible to appear in results, which in an emerging market like India, might yields some clicks and sales.

XSellco
Volo
JoeLister
StoreFeeder