Another New Ecommerce Platform. Get Real !

Poster
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
Another New Ecommerce Platform. Get Real !
18 Aug 2016
A bit of a rant.

Well yet another one of those standard cut and paste messages arrived today offering their latest and greatest e-commerce platform for us to sell our goods on.

Dear ,

I am a representative from **********, a start-up e-commerce company focusing on home d├ęcor. We have viewed your products and believe they will be very successful in our platform.

Our first steps will target the UK market and then we will expand globally from there. If you are interested in joining us, please get in contact via email or phone.

Kind Regards,

Mike
What really gets me about this is that they could not even bother to add a 'Sir / Madam' or even the company name in the opening.

Add to this the fact that when you go to their uninspiring and non functional website, all you see is a few 'Test Products' and the usual 'Welcome To Wordpress' and 'Lorem ipsum dolor sit ame' etc etc. No real information and certainly nothing to shout about. They have probably spent a couple of hours on the website so far, if that. Nothing at all to convince me that they are professional or serious.

A word of advice to all those looking to produce the new latest and greatest e-commerce platform. Before you start touting for business, make sure you have a product / service to sell.

Rant over.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United States United States
IBRITSDAD
Kudos: 20
Re: Another New Ecommerce Platform. Get Real !
24 Aug 2016
Will you share the web address with those of us who might be interested ?
Thanks in advance,
Barry Kent,
My_home_repair_store
On Ebay
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
Re: Another New Ecommerce Platform. Get Real !
26 Aug 2016
@IBRITSDAD

For Barry Kent and anybody else who wants to see how not to start hawking the greatest thing since the last greatest thing, have a look at bingabinga.co.uk.

If this is how they are going to start off taking over the world / expand globally then good luck to them. They need it !
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here

XSellco
Volo
Selro
StoreFeeder