Class Action Lawsuit

Poster
macrez1
Kudos: 18
Class Action Lawsuit
31 Aug 2016
I think that possibly the only way to get inkFrog to respond to our complaints is to threaten a class action lawsuit. We are losing out on tons of sales as the inability to list with Inkfrog continues. It should never take days or weeks to get something fixed that is stopping customers from listing their items! As other reviewers have stated, I would gladly go elsewhere except that I have thousands of listings saved on Inkfrog. I may just have to bite the bullet and move on and start over.

What do you all think? Should we look into this?

[Last edited by moderator: Moved to main board as not a review — 31 Aug 2016]
Nottingham United Kingdom
Bigian13
Kudos: 2,311
Re: Class Action Lawsuit
31 Aug 2016
@macrez1

I feel your frustration, however you may find that your chances of success are very limited.

No doubt hidden away in the many terms and conditions is their 'Get out of jail free card' which will basically say that if the system doesn't work - tough they are not liable and by using the service you agree to that fact.

A few years ago there was a case of some re-pricing software for Amazon running amok and setting sellers prices down to 0.01. I believe that they played the same card.

We have a similar problem with our multi channel software at the moment where it appears to spend more time off line than on. No compensation for us, but it has made us decide that it is time to bite the bullet and look somewhere else. 4000 SKUs on 21 channels is a big bullet to bite, but sometimes it is better in the long run.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and keep us posted.
E-commerce , love it or hate it, that's why we are here
United States United States
lorettas.upcycledsurprises
Kudos: 53
19 Sep 2016
@macrez1
Thanks so much for posting this it
helps a newbie like me to find out
about the BADGUYS, thanks.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
19 Sep 2016
@macrez1

Why are you staying with them? Leave and move on to another solution. That is your most effective action. Class action lawsuits are only effective (I am assuming you are in the US where this is applicable ) if there is a large class of people that can prove harm. I doubt there is large enough group for a class action. For that matter, I doubt the harm being suffered here would reach class action status. Perhaps in a states such as Alabama which has lenient laws such as this. inkFrog is just not very big and most sellers on eBay are quite small. Additionally, there are alternatives (including eBay's own listing tool) that you can use and you are apparently aware of the issues but have stuck with them. I expect you can export your listings from Inkfrog. I know at the very list you export your current and ended eBay listings directly from eBay. I would also hazard a guess that your user agreement with Inkfrog has hold harmless clauses as well as arbitration clauses that you agreed to when signing up for their service. Your best bet is to move on as quickly as possible and stop payment on any fees they may charge.
Midlothian, VA United States
Jax Music Supply
Kudos: 2,387
19 Sep 2016
@Bigian13

Exactly why we wrote our own custom solution. I got tired of paying $1400 a month for crap software. I hated the service with a certain "Advisor" company and Zoovy (who I think is gone now) was just plain incompetent.
North Carolina United States
Lindsey Sanders
Kudos: 71
23 Sep 2016
@macrez1 Thanks for the heads up on inkFrog, but I know the terms and services agreements on sites like these can really put you in a jam. If you're still making money with your thousands of listing, you might want to stick around, but look into switching providers for future listing.

Xpress Lister
2nd Office
ChannelAdvisor
XSellco