Third Party sales software

Poster
MarkW
Kudos: 15
Third Party sales software
24 Mar 2007
Another newbie here, impressed already with the amount and depth of information being shared.

I'm in the UK where the Ebay drop-off shop is just starting to happen (iSoldIt and others). Strikes me that shelling out £50+k for a franchise does nothing but gain you access to their ebay selling software.

There are several highly rated selling management tools ... but are there any that are designed to cope with sales for third parties (ie. customers), processing not only the sale to the buyer but handling commission and payments back to the seller?

Anyone had any successful (or otherwise) experience of these? Anyone want to to convince me that the franchise route is the better one?

Look forward to conversing,

Mark
Florida United States
blackstar
Kudos: 334
Re: Third Party sales software
25 Mar 2007
Although too busy to go into the detail of a review still for the web-based software, I would highly suggest ezlister.

Personally, it has outperfomed anything that I have used yet as it performs most, if not all, of the functions an ebay consignor would need.

Otherwise, AuctionSound and Kyozou might be your best bet.
Cheers
Supplier
Prescott, Arizona United States
Clar Software Services
Kudos: 70
30 Mar 2007
Hi MarkW,

I have a client, Phil Stacey, that is operating a drop off store, too:

Auctions4you Limited
Unit 2, 113 Walnut Tree Close
Guildford Surrey GU1 4UQ

Telephone: 01483 535082

He's a very easy guy to talk to and maybe you can get some tips from him.

Good luck, Ray Clar
Clar Software Services , LLC
928-541-1287 in Prescott, AZ
London United Kingdom
auctioning4u.co.uk
Kudos: 150
31 Mar 2007
Dear Mark,

We have developed our tools since no suitable software was available at the time. I believe that that situation has not changed significantly. There have already been 6 other firms (123eBay, Auctionicity, Auction Partner, RecycleURStuff, SellItShack and Trading Nation) that in one form or another have joined up and are now part of Auctioning4u.

Get in touch with us for more information.

Christian
Christian
Supplier
United States United States
bhogue
Kudos: 220
2 Apr 2007
Mark,

AuctionSound will meet your needs perfectly. We are a web based tool that can handle every aspect of the drop shop business. We have clients around the world, including the UK. We support individual drop off stores as well as complete franchise networks. I would be more than happy to show you a free web demo. 866.881.ebay. Good luck- Brett
United Kingdom United Kingdom
XS Items
Kudos: 25
12 Apr 2007
Hi Mark

You are right spending £50k upwards is a high cost, high risk strategy to get into this fast moving market place. XS Items offers the same type of approach for a fee of £4,995. Give me a call if you want to talk about it.

Regards

Ian Montgomery
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
17 Apr 2007
Hi Mark,

If you haven't found these threads already they are worth browsing: UK Consignment Software Discussions

Here is a directory search for UK consignment software: UK Consignment Software

You should get much more from a franchisor than just software, especially for that kind of money. I would expect them to help you with store set-up, advertising, training etc.

In other industries where franchising is common, the key advantage of being a franchisee is leveraging an established brand. You pay to represent their brand in a certain location and customers come to you because they recognise the brand and know what to expect - you are getting a real market advantage. That doesn't apply in this area - there are no household names in the drop-off store business - so franchise costs in the tens of thousands don't make financial sense. Profit sharing seems like a better arrangement.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
XS Items
17 Apr 2007
Hi Andy

Brand is a part of it but it is by no means the total rationale for buying into a franchise. Franchising should offer a lower risk approach, the back up of a larger network (to discuss and support each other) , software, an operational system, knowledge and learning and over time the successful building of a brand.

The most important aspect is that the franchisor has a sustainable, profitable model in order to base his operational processes etc, on tried and tested methods.

Some people do not want to go into business totally on their own, but likewise do like the idea of taking a bit more control in their professional life. Franchising can offer that kind of solution.
London United Kingdom
auctioning4u.co.uk
Kudos: 150
11 May 2007
As the oldest player in Europe we have strong views on what works and what does not and believe that only a centralised model works. We have just bought out what was left of iSold It in the UK and explain our centralised approach on the press release - see www.auctioning4u.co.uk/news/iSold_It_UK.
Christian
XS Items
11 May 2007
We believe a centralised model is the way to go - its all about degrees. We think that a hub and spoke approach, territory by territory, is far more rewarding for the business owner. This can be achieved in a low risk, step by step manner allowing the owner to benefit from his own hard work and dedication.

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics