Hello! 1st post/ lurker here!

Poster
eCBH
Kudos: 100
Hello! 1st post/ lurker here!
8 Apr 2007
Hello guys/gals!

I have been lurking here for about a week reading as much as I can.

I still haven't found a solution for my situation.

I am a small scale eBay seller - I sell mainly to cover my college tuition costs.

I have become moderately successful on eBay, but higher volume of sales started to take up more of my time! The most auctions I had up at the same time was about 65.

My problem is mainly scheduling: It takes way too much of my time to sit in front of the computer - it takes up my whole weekend!

I need a very simple(I don't mind complex though), cheap (or FREE!) piece of software that would list my items at scheduled times AUTOMATICALLY! I want to spend 2 hour scheduling and then never again touch the computer (except answering questions and shipping).

I would prefer a standalone software (not web based). Even better would be something that would run across platforms (Windows, UNIX, etc...).

Please be generous and give me your valued recommendations!

Sincerely,

-CBH-
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
Re: Hello! 1st post/ lurker here!
10 Apr 2007
If you want a cross-platform (well Windows and Mac), cheap, desktop-based solution then the only choice that I know of is MarketBlast.

It's fairly complex but powerful once you have got to grips with it.

If you are willing to look at Windows-only or web-based solutions there are others I could suggest.
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
United States United States
eCBH
11 Apr 2007
Andy!

Thank you for reply!

Please suggest more!

Also give me your opinion of web based vs not web based. I only see one advantage and many disavantages.

I really need a solution that can be [VERY] affordable because as I mentioned this is something that I am doing to earn some extra money to pay for school - expences and I can not afford the massive expences theses "proffecional" programs ask for.

I also need something that I can gradualy expand my business as time allowes!

Please give me your best advice!
As much of it as possible!
More resources would be GREATLY apreciated!

Thank you for the great forum!

-eCBH-
eCBH
11 Apr 2007
I want to add to my previous post:

I looked at MarketBlast and even though it is 149$ I think it is in my price range as I only have to pay once!

eCBH
Herts, England United Kingdom
Andy
Kudos: 11,661
12 Apr 2007
Hi again,

Web-based vs Desktop has been discussed before, e.g. www.webretailer.com/forum-topic.asp?tid=384

Some Windows-only solutions you could look at are AuctionSage, Auction Wizard 2000, Shooting Star, SpoonFeeder and eBay Blackthorne.

Web-based tools to look into are Auctiva and inkFrog.

If you can contribute to the reviews that would be much appreciated!
Andy Geldman, Web Retailer
Please follow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+
eCBH
22 Aug 2007
MarketBlast v 2.0 IS really bad!

I posted the review and will post one in the forums. Why only 2000 charecter limit for reviews! Please tripple that!

Selro
StoreFeeder
World First
Seller Dynamics